1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I would recommend going with Braille Battery . Odyssey PC545 isn't very appropriate because both the cranking power and reserve capacity are too low to work on the street. They're just not powerful enough for continued daily driving. -especially in our cold Northeast weather! The Braille produces 360CCA and 15Ah. The PC545, on the other hand, delivers a measly 185CCA and 12Ah. Plus, those Oddysy units weaken over time. The Braille, however, is a deep cycle charging unit. So, it can be discharged and renewed again and again without damage.
What do you think Vlad ?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was using it for two years now and PC545 does the job perfectly. No problems in warm weather. Enough cranking power at feather weight. Amazing battery really.

I was using it in winter too and it was working fine in 0-s temperatures for couple of month, but than one day it didn't start. Battery manual advices against using it in freezing weather. And now I know why :) So I store it in room temp and put stock one back from December to March (in Michigan). If you don't have snow in winter - you don't have to warry about it.

I also disconnected trunk light so I don't have to warry about leaving hatch open for long period of times and draining battery.

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts