·
Registered
97 Posts
Installed pix?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post pics in a week or two of everything installed.I need to send it to the body shop as I opted to get it cleared professionally for max shine!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got all the materials from US composites..Here is a pic of the finished strut tower cove.This is your actual strut tower brace covered in carbon fiber, no double sided sticky tape here pal, it snaps right into place! I decided to polishe it with a hand glaze, no clear coat on it.I decided not to clear coat it as its shiney enough..

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
um..i saw his work today in person....its pretty sick..and props to him for trying it out and succeding...gonna look sick when you do everything

·
Registered
28 Posts
which type of cf cloth did you get ?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i cant have you beating me like that.. im going to have to come up with something off the wall crazy now.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by toykilla@Aug 15 2004, 10:37 PM
i cant have you beating me like that.. im going to have to come up with something off the wall crazy now.

I already got big plans for over the winter...Lets just say, My car will be 80% CF by spring..(inside AND out)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
One question..

Isn't the point of having carbon fiber is to have light weight components without sacrificing strength? Seems like by covering everything with CF you're just adding weight to everything.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The weight I added by covering the entire trunk with CF may be equal to the weight of a golf ball..seriously..The stuff is light..I am only doing it as cosmetics as 90% of the CF you see on peoples cars is not functional and reduces no weight..Now if your taking your rear hatch and fenders and making them completely out of CF then you may save 40-50 lbs...But when you load up a car with Subs and amps for show then weight savings for me is null..Especially since I weigh 250lbs

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Aug 16 2004, 11:30 AM
But when you load up a car with Subs and amps for show then weight savings for me is null..Especially since I weigh 250lbs

Ah, yes, good point.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts