Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Me being a newb and all this is pretty straight forward. I could do it. LOL. I have done exhaust before but I think it looks good. I have to check out the sound clip when you get it on here I wanna here what it sounds like :) :cheers:
I think on the things needed you need more beer parts lol.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha.. i dont want anyone dropping their car on themselves, so beer should be used lightly when working on jack stands

·
Registered
6 Posts
I didn't fight the hangers like that. I simply unbolted the three bolts that hold the whole hanger assembly in place. I had to remove a trim piece to get to them but that was nothing. Put the hanger assembly on the uninstalled exhaust, then raise it up into place and bolt it back on. This was very simple and based on your tutorial, sounds like it's quite a fight to get the exhaust out of the hangers without removing them. Just another way to try for anyone wanting an option. I did it myself and it was a breeze.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The simplest fix is like i said use some lube spray (wd40) on the hangers and then squeeze them through with wide grip pliers

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha Josh,
Great How-To! BTW, does the brand and/or type of beer have any importance, or is that more of a personal preference?
:yourock:

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aloha Josh,
Great How-To! BTW, does the brand and/or type of beer have any importance, or is that more of a personal preference?
:yourock:

A Hui Hou

PaulO
Obviously go for the best tasting beer.. Otherwise it could hinder your performance.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This process can be followed for most of the exhaust out there.. The install will be similar with a few minor differences..

Note: On the borla, dont use sealant if you plan on removing the exhaust later... I found that out the hard way :(

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
A few things missing from the tutorial. One more than likely needs to take off a section at a time. There's a huge skid plate(?) across the middle of the mid-pipe which is a pain to take off. Then again, all of this is a PITA. I've got to figure out how to keep that plate on and take off the sections of the exhaust system. Right now, I have the system hanging or resting on top of that skid plate. I'm attempting to unbolt the connection at the y-pipe and mid-pipe. It's a bit cold out, and I started to lose feeling in my feet and ears. :)

Other than that, good writeup on how to disassemble the exhaust system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts