Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Very nice write up Josh. All I can say is I am partially deaf now after that. The system sounds so much better now! Thanks again for the help

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

so it came out pretty well? any feedback? anything i should change?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Not at all Josh. It was very easy to understand once you sat down with it in the car printed out in front of you. I am very impressed with the difference in sound. So much cleaner now that everything is in line with each other.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I tryed this method and heard no clipping with the HU on max volume (I can' t hear now) Then I tryed adjusting the gain (input?). I was able to use full gain with no distortion or cracking. So I really don't feel like I adjusted much of anything. I have kappa perfects, a jbl gto75.2 amp and a ECLIPSE CD5425.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ECLIPSE CD5425
Pre-amp Voltage Output:  5v
That may be why.. some of the newer stereos have very high voltage and clean amplifier signals..

I do find it strange that the amplifier did not clip.. I had one of those JBL's and it did clip..

Well if you didnt hear clipping you have VERY good quality components :)

I may have to revise this How-To..

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do notice when I turn up the speakers to much with normal music playing they cut out on me(some sort of protection im guessing for the speakers). I don't notice any real dif in sq running them off the amp save that they are louder at lower volumes and cut out sooner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts