Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Still nothing, this would be helpful if anyone has a step by step for us. I can't find anything or anyone with some info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So....STILL doesn't work.

And I am getting fed up with the ridiculous prices of local shops, so I am considering tackling it myself.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I wouldn't. I would go to a reputable shop and have them install it. An alarm install is not an easy thing for a novice to tackle, You will be cutting into a lot of key harness wires.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Okay, if you're still interested in doing it yourself and wish to see what's involved, email me. I'll try to convert it to a pdf and email it. Just remember this is for a specific brand and model of alarm. This is installed on an '05 enthusiast Roadster. Each year, model and version may be different as well. I highly recommend you get a schematic of the electronics for your type of Z! This is not a beginners type of install. It is time consuming and the instructions can be vague at times.

A Hui Hou
PaulO

·
Registered
54 Posts
Would this cover a remote starter though? I'm thinking of getting a zenesis z-602 unit, my sister got one on her Subi and the **** thing is amazing...priced pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i worked for an alarm install company and would not mess with my Z it is worth the money and the head ache to just pay to get it done..like said before way to many wires way to tight of a squeeze. it is very doable but not fun on your back down there and lots of wires, very easy to mess up the electronics..

Also bring it to a good spot....We used to just throw them in b/c we installed for the dealers pull back rubber from wires to test never tape up etc..I learned how to do it on my hyundai tiburon and it was a pain on that...Also if your going to do a remote start your going to need another key because of the key sensor...my 2cents

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is a really old thread but might as well put my knowledge into it. I've been doing 12 volt integration for about 10 years now professionally and my advice is take it to a professional who knows what there doing not ur buddy who installed a stereo or hooked up a light directly to a battery and called that an install or a mechanic or an electrical engineer cause they don't know what there doing. Ive seen more damaged electrical components from DIYers trying to do there own alarms when they know nothing about vehicle electrical systems. most people want remote starts now and its been possible for years but you need an alarm system thats capable of remote start and a emobolizer to trick the car to thinking The keynis in the cylinder. the answer is no someone cant steal ur car and drive away when its remote started theres safety features built into the alarm that will **** it down if the key is not inserted and they try driving it. all the diagrams and wire descriptions dont make sense if you havent been trained and know the common nominclature of the industry. Then u have to deal with the vehicle side wiring and what goes where from the alarm and if you have to tag all the ignition wires and dual starter wires. Just take it to someone who knows what there doing and save ur self the hassle and possible destroyed electrical components. That's my opinion. I've always installed viper systems best of the best and they pretty much make every alarm on the market. I'm not a rep for the company or sales men just my knowledge over the years. I've installed almost every brand out there and that has been the best in my opinion. If you have the viper alarm installed at a place that is licensed by viper and your car is stollen with in a year or a couple years can't member the exact amount of time they will give u a couple thousand dollars so not bad no other alarm offers that that I know of. If you are hesitant in doing it yourself and you have no knowledge of electrical systems or alarms go and buy the MECP study guides basic advanced and master read them front to back many times that will give u a basic knowledge for a starting point then go on all the car audio forums and read up. But if u don't know don't try cause more then likely you will probably mess something up. I will answer basic questions on the lower end alarms such as keyless entry and basic alarms with a starter kill to help u guys out but nothing with remote start its to complicated and if ur asking you probably will not understand the answer. Also one last thing cause this always comes up yes u can remote start a car that's manual doing it a safe way and not bypassing safety features or having ur car slam into another car or a brick wall when u accidentally hit the remote start button

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the. 350z u don't need a extra key and you don't loose that needs to stay in the car that's old stuff before immobilizers. Even though the last post was like 3 years ago even at that point they had immobilizers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts