Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
What are the adjustment gears with the metal caps used for? Before I read your post, I adjusted my headlights using those gears under the metal caps. I hope i didn't screw up any settings. Please let me know
That's the sefl-destruction mechanism in case you see Buff in your Z. J/k

Sorry...I'd have to see a pic or the ESM and it's at home.

Welcome to the site btw .

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
thanks. I really gotta go and get myself a 350z manual.
I 'll check it this evening to see if I can determine what you are describing...and let you know what you did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The one I adjusted is right above the gear I was suppose to adjust in the hypersprite post. I accessed it the same way from the top of the headlight (not through fender lining). Its got an "army green" metal cap over it that you just pop off. I definitely got the headlights to adjust up, but I'm afraid it kinda dispersed the concentration of the beams a bit. (not a clear sharp line projection, like the S2000) After you guys adjusted your beams, did you still get a sharp projection? or did it disperse the beam a bit?

Thanks again, guys, for your input.

you can see the cap in the picture below:

http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/images/8/8e/..._adjust_004.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey thanks man. BTW, where did you pick up your copy of the Factory 350z service manual?
I'm looking to pick one up, but not inclined to pay the dealership's retail price for it.
Do you think it's safe to go with ebay? (probably bootleg copy)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts