Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i'm planning to buy a Z and was wondering how much you guys got your base 350Z for. A dealer here was giving 27,200 for a black base 350Z 2004. I just want to compare prices. thanks.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
actually i was gonna say around 27,000, so i would say thats not a bad deal. see if he will come down a bit more

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I paid right at 27,000 for mine before taxes

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Got mine for $26K.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I always hate doing this, because I get someone always saying man you got ripped off... but, eh, WTF.

2004 Base 6spd MT Pikes Peak White
Options:
  • Floor Mats
  • Splash Guards
  • Aluminum Kick Plates
  • Side Air Bags & Head Curtains
  • 100K Mile Warranty ($0 Deductable)
  • Gap Insurance
Out the Door for right around $29,800. If you were to subtract the Warranty and Gap, it would be right around $28,650 OUT THE DOOR.

Here is what Nissan's Website had priced it out as...

Packages and Options

Side Air Bags & Head Curtains $620

Accessories

Floor Mats $80
Splash Guards $130
Aluminum Kick Plates $90
Trunk Mat $70

Base MSRP $26,470.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories $990.00

Destination & Handling $560.00

Total Designed MSRP† $28,020.00
And that 28,020.00 is before Tax, Title and License... so talk to someone in Fleet, they should help you out. Because they are in the Fleet Dept, I knew they would be working off of "Invoice" cost and going from there. So, go to http://www.carpoint.com and/or http://www.carsdirect.com and price the car as you want it, it'll give you two columns. MSRP and Invoice. I went with those numbers and said look, I know the "Invoice" cost is blah, blah, so lets start working the numbers from there. I think I got it for like 300 or less over invoice, but to tell you the truth once they said they could get me out the door for the price I was looking for, I really just went with the flow.

Just make sure you go in there and know what you are talking about, because I went in there and told them, look I want to spend X amout of dollars, and if you all can't do that, then I will go buy another car. And they knew that... So good luck.

Chris

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I always hate doing this, because I get someone always saying man you got ripped off... but, eh, WTF.
yeah, you did, but as long as you're happy. I might have gotten mine for $26k but I was also about $3K upside down on my trade, so some might say I got ripped too. Actually I just should have waited another year, but i don't care.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I'm not sure off the top of my head. I remember at one point I was gonna be financing $32K, but there was like 3 hours of dealings with the finance department and I don't remember at what point that number was presented to me.

I think it was quite a bit less than that, because they ended giving me the car for $26K, plus the neg equity of my trade, but knocked a lot off the warranty and other fees and such. The whole process was quite funny, actually (well, to me anyway), but that's a whole other story which can be found at http://350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1515.

If I had to guess, out the door for about $30K.

Oh, and I got the 5yr/60k mile gold extended warranty included.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Sep 14 2004, 08:56 AM
yeah, you did, but as long as you're happy. I might have gotten mine for $26k but I was also about $3K upside down on my trade, so some might say I got ripped too. Actually I just should have waited another year, but i don't care. [/quote]
Thanks for proving my point...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Glad I could be of service.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Peoria Nissan Fleet Department in Phoenix, AZ is offering me a 2005 Base 350Z, Black with Carbon Cloth, retail $29,106 for $26,337. Almost $2800 off!!! Not bad in my book!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts