Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I LOOOOOVE my Z, but my money is dwindling. I'm considering selling the Z and my pathfinder (because for the next 10 months, I will be paying $1K a month in car payments). I simply don't think I can afford it right now.

So here is my question. I have an '03 Silver touring with about 18K miles on it. Other than the chips from rocks on the bumpers, the car is fine. No mods have been installed, so nothing to worry about there. It's a base Touring. New front wheels with less than 1K miles on them. I looked at edmunds.com and they say private party could get me about 23K. In reality, what do you people who have actually sold this car, or one recently think I could get for this private party?

I would hate to sell it, but I might have to :doh:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
$23k isn't bad. I have an 03 Touring and check its value every now and then. I have mods on mine, but nothing I can't handle. I still have all the OEM parts, too. I think you could sell it for that price.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is another consideration.....if I sell the Z for 23K, and get maybe 3500 for my path (which I still owe 4K on), I think I will need to get a cheaper car (like a scion or something) to keep my payments down to like 300 or so. Besides civics, I was thinking of getting a scion TC. How can I figure out my payments if the car cost 18K with no money down? I know it's based on the APR, but what's an easy way to do some footwork to see what I'm looking at here?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you all feel is the best place to sell your car? (magazines, papers)? I'm looking for specific examples, the best if you can quote something in the Chicago area.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've always had good success on autotrader.com when selling my cars.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Autotrader....duely noted! I'm wondering how easy this will be. Doesn't seem like a market that people would be willing to pay roughly 24 grand for a used car.....I dunno.....

Any other suggestions on places to sell? (thanks smooth)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That site has to be one of the largest out there with over a 1 million hits a day. It's very easy to use, and the price isn't bad either. I sold my 90 300ZX within days of posting. Then I sold a Mustang GT within a few weeks of posting (granted I had it for sale in the middle of a MN winter).

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by spkeehan@Sep 26 2005, 02:20 PM
Autotrader....duely noted!  I'm wondering how easy this will be.  Doesn't seem like a market that people would be willing to pay roughly 24 grand for a used car.....I dunno.....

Any other suggestions on places to sell?  (thanks smooth)
[snapback]158248[/snapback]​

If you know all the ins and outs, Ebay could be a great selling tool.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 350zluvr+Sep 26 2005, 02:47 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-spkeehan
@Sep 26 2005, 02:20 PM
Autotrader....duely noted! I'm wondering how easy this will be. Doesn't seem like a market that people would be willing to pay roughly 24 grand for a used car.....I dunno.....

Any other suggestions on places to sell? (thanks smooth)
[snapback]158248[/snapback]​

If you know all the ins and outs, Ebay could be a great selling tool.
[snapback]158263[/snapback]​

Wanna post an "ins and outs of ebay" whitepaper? :lmfao:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.