Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:soapbox: This happened in the parking lot at the local market. I came out and there it was. I just got an estimate and it came out to 1200.00. It seems steep. What do you think?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Was someone trying to break into it? Or did you get hit? With an estimate like that, I would just buy a bodykit with that money.

Can you get the insurance company to cut you a check or have the shop order the kit?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or does anyone know of a body shop in the Ventura, Ca, Santa Barbara, or anywhere close that may give me a better deal? Don't ask don't get you know.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
man....that sucks! 1200 seems a bit steep to me. looks like they just need to bang out a dent and repaint that panel. was anything broken....or just the dent and scratch?

also...don't go through insurance. it's a hit and run...you'll end up having to pay the premium. not worth it!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by bryanca1@Dec 18 2004, 01:45 PM
I was just grabbing a 6 pack of Newcastle and came out and there it was.

I love Newcastle. I hope it helps the pain. Sorry to hear about that.

As dj stated, insurance will ding you for filing a claim. I don't care who they are, all ins comp will count the # of claims you make and consider you high risk if you keep doing it.

I think they need to take off the whole bumper to do it right. They're going to have to paint the whole thing if you want it to match. Maybe you can do the removal for them, cut some costs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not considering insurance on this one. I bought the car through my company and it is insured as such. There is no other dammage except the dent and the paint. The told me they have to remove the bumper and rear window or aftertime the paint will peal at the masking point. I do like the body kit idea. Not sure how much more it would cost to have them paint the rest of the parts and they would still have to repair the quarter panel BTW after I saw the dent I went back inside and got another 6 to sooth the pain.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: Way to go!

There are kits out there for under $1k. Just look around this site for all the pics and links.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
It depends on the kit. Most use the factory mounts, but the wild kits are a different story.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could anyone reccomend a shop. LA would not be to far. I just don't want to let a hack work on my car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by bryanca1@Dec 18 2004, 12:43 PM
Or does anyone know of a body shop in the Ventura, Ca, Santa Barbara, or anywhere close that may give me a better deal?  Don't ask don't get you know.

Hey where do you live? I grew up in Ventura County, currently living in Goleta.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1)SW Auto Shop @626-281-6829 in San Gabriel Valley. I wrecked my friends's '03 Camy's front bumper and it was replaced and painted like new for $1400 and quality works too. Ask for Mark and you can still bargain down the price.

2)Alliance Body Corp. @626-284-8078 Never been to this shop but see their ads every week in papers.

Good luck with your repair!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts