Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

How Many Race or Track There Z's

• I love to AutoX (Solo II)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love to do Open Track Events (High Speed Lapping Days)

• I love to 1/4 mile my Z

• I have AutoX'ed a few times

• I have OT'd a few times

• I have 1/4 miled a few times

• I have done all 3 types of racing

• I would love to try it but don't know how to get started

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see how many racers on on this site.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Same as LB I love to bring mine to the strip. Its finally getting cool again next week here so I will be bringing her back soon

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
If there were road course events by me, I would definately be active in those. Drag kinda bores me, and even that is far from me also. The Z is not a drag car anyways, its made to carve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The best thing for AutoX is to go same size rubber on all 4 corners. That will take out alot of the understeer. But overall I have been very happy and somewhat sucsessfull running the Z. I raced last year bone stock just the same size tires and this year I put on a set of Koni Sport Yellow's just to stay up with the other 3 or 4 Z I race with. The Koni's made quite a bit of difference.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i occassionally drag race, but i would be interested in going around a track. unfortunately, we dont really have a good track here in hawaii.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by BCRLtd@Oct 30 2004, 11:18 AM
Track junky here.  Did 12 HPDE days this year! :shiftdrive:

I beat you by one day!! Hehe. :clap: 'Course that last day I only got one session in. Whoops!

This year I tracked 13 times, autox'd 1 time, 1/4 about 5 times and generally beat the everlovin' carp out of it every chance I got.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've done auto-x, drag racing, and open track days. Track is best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Down here in south Texas, we have a couple other types of track events, that aren't really any of the above.

The Texas Mile has two options: 1) Run for 1 mile in a target speed class -- closest to target speed wins. 2) Run for 1 mile to get top speed in class. http://texasmile.com Check out the JSC A150 (Import 150 MPH) class winner -- car #171 -- http://texasmile.com/October2004OfficialResults.asp

The Big Bend Open Road Race: They close down Highway 285 between Ft. Stockton and Sanderson -- that's 59 miles and 59 curves; then you turn around and run it back (118 high speed miles). You pick an average speed class and then attempt to average that speed both ways -- closest to target speed wins. http://bborr.org

Both these events are interesting because there are lots of speed classes for all different kinds of cars, and the races are all about precision speed and timing.

I also do the 1/4 with both Zs -- the RX-7s and Supras are my nemisis -- they consistently are running low 11s. One of these days...

A guy in my Z club is trying to get me to do Auto-X, so I might try one of those next year. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Originally posted by zslinger+Oct 31 2004, 09:41 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BCRLtd
@Oct 30 2004, 11:18 AM
Track junky here.  Did 12 HPDE days this year! :shiftdrive:

I beat you by one day!! Hehe. :clap: 'Course that last day I only got one session in. Whoops!

This year I tracked 13 times, autox'd 1 time, 1/4 about 5 times and generally beat the everlovin' carp out of it every chance I got.

I have to confess, I only had my Z on the track 11 days.....my 3rd day at Mid Ohio in April it was snowing! :ahhh: So I wimped out.

Just remembered that I ran 1 autocross last year.

And do Mazda Rev-It-Up days count???? I've done 2 of them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by BCRLtd@Nov 1 2004, 01:55 PM
I have to confess, I only had my Z on the track 11 days.....my 3rd day at Mid Ohio in April it was snowing! :ahhh:  So I wimped out.

Yes you did wimp out... it was fun driving on a wet track while it was snowing... dorifto! :D

I've logged 15 days on track this year. Got two more this coming weekend at SP, and another pair in December at VIR.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For those of you that voted you want to but don't know how to get started. Where are you located? There should be a region of the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Close by. Might have to drive a little to get to an event but it's well worth it. Let me know and I'll try to get you more information for your area.

Bryan

·
Registered
64 Posts
i voted want to but dont know how to get started..i tried lookin for a track with the corrado and i really wanna take the z when i get it...ps in in rhode island

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Fineout@Nov 9 2004, 04:08 PM
i voted want to but dont know how to get started..i tried lookin for a track with the corrado and i really wanna take the z when i get it...ps in in rhode island

Here is a link to the SCCA website for your region. They have several tracks listed.

SCCA Website

·
Registered
788 Posts
For those that have only drag raced: You NEED to go and do a lapping day at a full race course at least once. I'd bet money you'll never bother with the drag strip again. If you think it's fun going straight ahead, up to 100-120 (depending on mods) mph for 10-15 seconds at a time, try going straight ahead, up to 130 - 170 (depending on mods) mph, then braking and turning and getting back on it immediately for 10 - 20 minutes at a time! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts