Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that about 11 months ago I started down a new path to eating better, working out, living a more active life!
Thanks to my husband and your support I am happily keeping off ~35 pounds!!
I haven't worked out as much as I need and my weight loss basically stopped.
So -- for motivation -- I recently started using a bodybugg to track my calorie burn.
It varies every day how much I eat... I'm paying more attention to what the heck I'm putting in my body. I still don't make "perfect" choices and I never will... let's face it.

So -- I was wondering if anyone else uses a bodybugg? Thought we could compare notes. :)

I still have that last 10-ish lbs to go - always the hardest.
I still haven't made time to work out regularly... life gets in the way -- you know?!

:wavey:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't use bodybug. I use a free program called fitday. Its equally useful and its really simple it helps keep my daily macros within +/- 5 grams.
How i train the fat always comes off or on based on my diet. I cut carbs to lose fat and add carbs to gain fat. Really simple but it takes a lot of discipline.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have used FitDay -- and honestly prefer it for food tracking... but I wasn't really sure if it calculated the burn as well.
I need to go do some activity entries and see how well they compare.

I use the FULL version of FitDay -- for the ~25$ they wanted, I thought it was a great deal!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (z'sowntheroad @ Feb 26 2010, 01:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=592524
I don't use bodybug. I use a free program called fitday. Its equally useful and its really simple it helps keep my daily macros within +/- 5 grams.
How i train the fat always comes off or on based on my diet. I cut carbs to lose fat and add carbs to gain fat. Really simple but it takes a lot of discipline.
I can fluctuate 5 lbs based on one day of not eating carbs or packing it on when I've had a few active days.

I never count calories. I do know that for my active lifestyle and level of physical activity, I need more than the average person. But again, I don't track it. I eat whatever I want, but I will eat healthy and eat at optimal times.

I eat breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up. I try to eat something decent, but as long as I eat something I'm good to go for the day. During the work week, I will snack throughout the day with a small lunch. Seems to work. What I shouldn't do is eat a big dinner or eat late if I want to feel good.

Finally, seeing that my schedule (work and kids) is never the same everyday, I don't get worked up about it if I can't stay on track. One never knows if this is your last day to enjoy.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I must burn em all cuz I stay skinny. Eat whatever and in whatever quantity. Not a bad deal..lol.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
When he hits 25, then 35, then 45....

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to say I'm getting smarter than thinner as I get older! =) I'm happy about that!!

I'll burn about 2100 calories today. If I had completed my 3 mile walk, I would have burned another 350. That would be a HUGE day in my world!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I never tried that, but it sounds interesting. I just stick to trying to exercise at least 4 to 5 times a week. I'll go on the treadmill and the bicycle. If I can't get to the gym, I just run up and down some stairs for 10-20 minutes. I don't really think much about calories...just more about being healthy and happy.

Also, make sure you do other exercises like stretching and strengthening your muscles. they're very important too.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
According to presidentschallenge.net, I just burned over 600 calories doing 2 hours of lawn mowing and gardening. It felt like it, too.

I just reached 20k calories burned since May, so I've been awarded a Bronze medal which I can order through their site. Kind of cool to know that I've been that active this Summer. :irock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Since I've been tracking my workouts on presidentschallenge, I've racked up quite the score. I've also been increasing my routines to become more intense and mix up the days and muscle groups. I love the summer because it gives me more options to be physically active.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been using MyFitnessPal to track my workouts and calories. I typically do strength training every other day and then some form of cardio six times a week. Trying to lose ten pounds is tough when you are gaining muscle at the same time, but I'm about 4 pounds down from where I started and looking to lose about ten more on top of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts