Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told this is the rarest color 350z but does anyone know how many were actually produced by Nissan in 2003? I just bought one on Sat. and had to fly to TX to get mine and drive it back to Minnesota. I love this car so far and I am sure I will have lots of posts to come...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not to get off the topic. But where do you live in minnesota. Do you know there is a Z meeting tonight.
Steve

·
Registered
331 Posts
[/quote]
I think the rarest color for the 350Z is the Liquid Aluminum which you had to pay a premium around $1.300.00 give or take a few hundred but that was in '04. The '03 Production of the BY as far as I know was 2,081 - Base 92 - Enth. 468 - Perf. 304 - Tour. 976 - Track 241 - Total 2,081. :cheers:
Other colors totals '03.....
PPW 863 - SS 9,337 - CS 8,768 - DB 4,160 - SB 2,721 - LS 2,721 - RL 1,312 - Total all Z colors incld. BY 2,081= 32,003 :cheers:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
That is not enough Brickyard Z's...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know where the 350z people are meeting in MN. I am in the twin cites burbs.

I am one of 92 then. :)

Anyone have a picture of this Liquid Aluminum?

So in 2003 red line had less made then the BY?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I wanted a Brickyard when I got mine, but they siad the wait was going to be around 3-4 months!! I just could not wait, so I got a Lemans Sunset Enthusiast....she was beautiful!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well you can take off a few cars for the total number of brickyards, I am on my second performance model. I also know that Toykilla had one totaled and I think a few others. So slowly that number is coming down, in a not so nice way.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks Toni...
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/sluggoZ/3claps.gif');}" />
screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/sluggoZ/handclap.gif');}" />

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
[/quote]
I think the rarest color for the 350Z is the Liquid Aluminum which you had to pay a premium around $1.300.00 give or take a few hundred but that was in '04. The '03 Production of the BY as far as I know was 2,081 - Base 92 - Enth. 468 - Perf. 304 - Tour. 976 - Track 241 - Total 2,081. :cheers:
Other colors totals '03.....
PPW 863 - SS 9,337 - CS 8,768 - DB 4,160 - SB 2,721 - LS 2,721 - RL 1,312 - Total all Z colors incld. BY 2,081= 32,003 :cheers:
<div align="right">[snapback]110330[/snapback]
[/quote]

Okay, I'm not calling you a liar, but where the f*** did you get these figures? I've also seen a figure of 2404 tossed around. It's easy to toss figures out, but I want a verifiable source. Not saying you are wrong, just show me where you got these figures because I (and others) have been trying to track down this info since... well... umm... 2003. Verifiable source info will be appreciated! :wavey:

On another note, I agree with Terri, while LA is really the rarest color, it is almost indistinquishable from Chrome Silver. Whether it would ever become sought after is debateable. And though, PPW and RL were made in lower quantities in '03, they continued to be made in '04, '05, and presumably '06.

Locally, I'd say the color I see the least (besides Brickyard) is RedLine, but I still see them about 3x as often.

Anywho, zzrider, hook us up with your source material. If my car is truly one of 2081 (less totaled ones), I'm that much happier! :biggrin:

·
Registered
331 Posts
mcduck...hey man, you need to move back to Ohio because the air here is a lot better and maybe you might be able to clear your head a bit & think straight.
Please go back and read each comments from the beginning and you'll know what I'm talkin' about.
I said..."as far as I know" secondly... the figures came from Toni...SCDOO. I did not quite remember who posted them originally until jinxxy said so!! I'm also the one who said that LA is the rarest color in '04! Zya!

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
The Mystery is solved! Well, err... not really

Zlichus directed me to where she obtained the info she posted. Unfortunately, it is about as accurate as any other production data we have so far. That is to say... it's not really accurate at all.

The figures posted at the top of this thread by zzrider (who I presume got them from Zlichus' post, who got them from another post made by someone over on 350zFRENZY.com)

Here is the thread where these figures were originally posted by Nix's Brickyd

If you look at this thread, you will see these numbers were **extrapolated** from collected pre-order stats for model, color, and an estimated volume of 32K vehicles. Please note that is not stats for model AND color.

Way back when, for curiosity sake, I did a similar study (because I was that bored) in which I broke down percentages by model AND color, and used an estimated volume of 35K units.

The difference between the two methods is for method I, you say I have X cars of which Y% are a particular color. Of that particular color, you then say, I have Z% that are this particular model. For method II, you say I have X cars, of which Y% are this particular model in this particular color. Which is more accurate is arguable.

In any case, the figures posted in this thread, another figure I have found which pegs BY production at 2404, and my own figures, all appear to be guestimations. None of them is terribly accurate. The only thing I think has been verified is the total production for '03 since Nissan must disclose that. Beyond that, I think it is safe to assume PPW, Redline, and BY are the 3 rarest '03 colors with either PPW or Redline being the most uncommon (though subsequent model year production makes them more common to see on the road).

That's kind of long, but as I am interested in obtaining factual data, I felt it important to illustrate that the figures posted are probably not accurate and, at best, only an estimate of actual production figures for 350Zs. Until someone can post verifiable data from a reliable source (NNA would be a good one), the mystery will continue.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i realy love the brick yard and i was thinking of painting my car later, i was thinking of black with a small tone of purple kinda like the brickyard only when u see the car at night it looks black and when a light hits it u can see very little purple!!! hahaha i like that idea!! what do u guys think? :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Interesteing data, I guess for those of us with an 03 PPW, we had a limited run that year, but lately I am see them pop up.

It would be neat to see how many over the years each color has produced, regardless of model! Also the trim option might make the car unique as I know my PPW has a frost interior with a OEM frost "A" rug in the back area which is typically black!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by buZam@Jun 11 2005, 01:10 PM
Interesteing data, I guess for those of us with an 03 PPW, we had a limited run that year, but lately I am see them pop up.

It would be neat to see how many over the years each color has produced, regardless of model!  Also the trim option might make the car unique as I know my PPW has a frost interior with a OEM frost "A" rug in the back area which is typically black!
[snapback]112872[/snapback]​

I have the frost interior in my BY w/ the OEM frost rear mat....Smooth has frost interior as well...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Most of the ones I have seen here in NJ have the Black Mat. Everyone always asks where I got it as they want one.

I did not realize that BY came with Frost, nice combo :clap:

·
Registered
247 Posts
My Z, well i say my Z becuase I am picking it up Saturday is an 03 pikes peak with the frost leather interior also. But i think the z mat in the back is black. As soon as I wash and wax her saturday i will take some pics and post them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts