Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of those started tail gating me as I came of the ramp. So.. as I always do I slow down, let him pass and then I draft his ass. Come on little guy, show me what you got.

I felt bad about the drafting advantage so I took the next lane and paced him up to 100.. this guy thinks he's winning! thats ok

At 100 I drop it to 4th , it felt like driving 40 beside a parked car . I would pay money to see the look on his face :OMG:

As I hit 150 "again" he has already disappeared from my RV mirror. I slowed down to the legal speed and it took him about a minute to catch up going at least 130 and he kept it at that the rest of the way.. my smirk turned into :lmfao:

I know my car is a factory freak "from going against other Zs" but I was disappointed in this supercharged little car, I thought that it would be in the SRT-4 league.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
do you hit 150 on a regular basis?? thank god i dont' live around you. haha! hope you're safe!

if you want a contest....race a faster car (cobalt SS has a 205hp 2.0 liter ecotec engine....so, you have plenty of hp on him). :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Saw a base Cobalt the other day. ****, they're ugly. I guess they have a little bit of potential.

And I'm pretty sure you were not driving like that the other day past the airport... :wink: That was one helluva storm! :shock:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Originally posted by djkern@Aug 4 2005, 09:33 AM
do you hit 150 on a regular basis??  thank god i dont' live around you.  haha!  hope you're safe!

if you want a contest....race a faster car (cobalt SS has a 205hp 2.0 liter ecotec engine....so, you have plenty of hp on him).  :)
[snapback]141388[/snapback]​

he is refering to 150km not mph

well yeah its a good kill, but not a Z league car

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Aug 4 2005, 09:08 AM
SRT-4 it is not, but the Cobalt SS is actually kinda fun to drive
[snapback]141442[/snapback]​

:doh: Yeh. Like riding a moped: fun, but you wouldn't want your friends to see ya doin' it. :rolf2:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by ayman350z+Aug 4 2005, 09:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Aug 4 2005, 09:33 AM
do you hit 150 on a regular basis??  thank god i dont' live around you.  haha!  hope you're safe!

if you want a contest....race a faster car (cobalt SS has a 205hp 2.0 liter ecotec engine....so, you have plenty of hp on him).  :)

[snapback]141466[/snapback]​

if that's 150km....that's not bad. i was thinking he his 150mph all the time.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller+Aug 4 2005, 09:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN
@Aug 4 2005, 09:08 AM

:doh: Yeh. Like riding a moped: fun, but you wouldn't want your friends to see ya doin' it. :rolf2:
[snapback]141481[/snapback]​

haha...i always hear that as "riding a fat chick is like riding a moped....." :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller+Aug 4 2005, 11:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN

No, like driving a fun little car fun, and I wouldn't be such an elitist that I'd be ashamed to drive one

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by ayman350z+Aug 4 2005, 11:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern

Correction.. I was referring to 150 mph "250 kmh".
I'm a very careful driver and I never put others in danger. Toronto's highways are deserted at 3 am, and this is where I usually let it rip at a certain section of the highway "10 miles long 6 straight big lanes".

I never said it was in the Z league, I thought It would fall back slowly. instead It was kinda like me being Roadrunner and him being the wolf "meep meep"

And I'm pretty sure you were not driving like that the other day past the airport... wink.gif That was one helluva storm! shocking.gif

What a miracle, thank god everyone survived. My friend was driving past the airport when it happened. The plane was 10 meters away from hitting the highway at rush hour. I did get stuck on the highway on my way back from work but i don't usually drive the Z to work.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 4 2005, 10:07 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 11:29 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-djkern

Correction.. I was referring to 150 mph "250 kmh".
I'm a very careful driver and I never put others in danger. Toronto's highways are deserted at 3 am, and this is where I usually let it rip at a certain section of the highway "10 miles long 6 straight big lanes".

I never said it was in the Z league, I thought It would fall back slowly. instead It was kinda like me being Roadrunner and him being the wolf "meep meep"

And I'm pretty sure you were not driving like that the other day past the airport... wink.gif That was one helluva storm! shocking.gif

What a miracle, thank god everyone survived. My friend was driving past the airport when it happened. The plane was 10 meters away from hitting the highway at rush hour. I did get stuck on the highway on my way back from work but i don't usually drive the Z to work.
[snapback]141494[/snapback]​

i though it was MPH....since you always post about hitting those numbers. i hope, for your sake, that an animal doesn't decide to run across the street when you're at those speeds. :doh:

"never put others in danger" :rolf2: you've posted about weaving in and out of traffic with other cars. that, to me, if putting someone else in danger.

have fun driving up in canada...don't come to boston! :nana:

the cobalt ss would definitely fall short of the z. you have close to 90 HP on him.

i'm sure he knew you were going to beat him...and he though..."i wanna see how i can hang with a z". :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by djkern@Aug 4 2005, 12:14 PM

i though it was MPH....since you always post about hitting those numbers.  i hope, for your sake, that an animal doesn't decide to run across the street when you're at those speeds.  :doh: 

"never put others in danger"  :rolf2:  you've posted about weaving in and out of traffic with other cars.  that, to me, if putting someone else in danger.

have fun driving up in canada...don't come to boston!  :nana: 

the cobalt ss would definitely fall short of the z.  you have close to 90 HP on him.

i'm sure he knew you were going to beat him...and he though..."i wanna see how i can hang with a z".  :)
[snapback]141496[/snapback]​

I heard pretty bad things about Boston's roads, so don't worry I wouldn't wanna ruin my car.

Highways here run through the city and properly fenced, no animals or humans can enter the highway.

I think you'r mistaking me for someone else when talking about weaving through traffic! I don't have a clean record from being reckless, I think I'm doing something right... like being careful, don't you think?

The out come of this race was expected, how extreme it was is what got me disappointed.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 4 2005, 10:29 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Aug 4 2005, 12:14 PM

i though it was MPH....since you always post about hitting those numbers.  i hope, for your sake, that an animal doesn't decide to run across the street when you're at those speeds.   :doh: 

"never put others in danger"   :rolf2:  you've posted about weaving in and out of traffic with other cars.  that, to me, if putting someone else in danger.

have fun driving up in canada...don't come to boston!   :nana: 

the cobalt ss would definitely fall short of the z.  you have close to 90 HP on him.

i'm sure he knew you were going to beat him...and he though..."i wanna see how i can hang with a z".  :)
[snapback]141496[/snapback]​

I heard pretty bad things about Boston's roads, so don't worry I wouldn't wanna ruin my car.

Highways here run through the city and properly fenced, no animals or humans can enter the highway.

I think you'r mistaking me for someone else when talking about weaving through traffic! I don't have a clean record from being reckless, I think I'm doing something right... like being careful, don't you think?

The out come of this race was expected, how extreme it was is what got me disappointed.
[snapback]141506[/snapback]​

nah...you don't want to drive the z around in boston (big dig)....i never really drove my car into the city (took the 4runner).

at least they're fenced! nothing will run in the street.

nope...not mistaking you. i read a thread a while back...you were talking about racing another car and there were other cars on the road. i think the other car was a corvette. it was during the day time...not 3AM.

"I don't have a clean record from being reckless, I think I'm doing something right... like being careful, don't you think?" - i'm glad you have a clear record...but, how is this "careful"? saying that you're "doing something right" while racing at 150MHP just doesn't fit in the same sentence. :lmfao: i'm not saying "don't do it"...i'm just saying "be careful".

you racing a cobalt is like the cobalt racing a scion xA. just not worth it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You mean this:
Had a run with a Z06
Originally posted by NourZ@May 6 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm still shaking "adrenaline rush" :faint:

On the QEW Toronto at 6 pm it's usually rush hour coming back from work, the Z06 was behind me all the time until it cleared I gradually started accelerating and he's up my ass.. 

Now the highway is empty!! a 90 degree bend on the highway comes up and I floor it on third gear going 100 km/h reached crazy speed "was afraid to take my eyes of the road" and of course the vette was pulling on me but once It straightened he was only pulling slowly, I actually passed him cause he got stuck at a point.

When he came beside me he had a look of shock and told me that my car is pretty fast and he didn't expect that much challenge [I have the 20s on :dunno: ], he also said that his Z06 wasn't stock "I saw after market exhaust" don't know what else he had.

I'm in such a good mood now :biggrin:  .. looks like that plenum spacer is doing wonders .
[snapback]101045[/snapback]​

It's right there in bold my friend.

I've posted three times in the Kill stories and they were all on empty highways.

Sorry Kern, good luck getting me next time :nana:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 4 2005, 10:53 AM-->
You mean this:
Had a run with a Z06
<!--QuoteBegin-NourZ
@May 6 2005, 07:49 PM
I'm still shaking "adrenaline rush" :faint:

On the QEW Toronto at 6 pm it's usually rush hour coming back from work, the Z06 was behind me all the time until it cleared I gradually started accelerating and he's up my ass.. 

Now the highway is empty!! a 90 degree bend on the highway comes up and I floor it on third gear going 100 km/h reached crazy speed "was afraid to take my eyes of the road" and of course the vette was pulling on me but once It straightened he was only pulling slowly, I actually passed him cause he got stuck at a point.

When he came beside me he had a look of shock and told me that my car is pretty fast and he didn't expect that much challenge [I have the 20s on :dunno: ], he also said that his Z06 wasn't stock "I saw after market exhaust" don't know what else he had.

I'm in such a good mood now :biggrin:  .. looks like that plenum spacer is doing wonders .
[snapback]101045[/snapback]​

It's right there in bold my friend.

I've posted three times in the Kill stories and they were all on empty highways.

Sorry Kern, good luck getting me next time :nana:
[snapback]141519[/snapback]​

ah...i thought that one was in traffic. all i rememberd was "6PM" and "Traffic"

nevermind then...my bad. i was wrong.

EDIT - still doesn't mean your comment saying that you're "doing something right" while racing at 150MHP makes any sense. :lmfao:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by djkern@Aug 4 2005, 01:09 PM

still doesn't mean your comment saying that you're "doing something right" while racing at 150MHP makes any sense.  :lmfao:
[snapback]141527[/snapback]​

That I agree with.

Just received very bad news, a friend I know died in a Motorcycle accident. My motorcycle plans are history now, and my careful racing is now track only. I feel so bad for his father, his mother died a month ago.. God be with him.

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by NourZ+Aug 4 2005, 11:24 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-djkern
@Aug 4 2005, 01:09 PM

still doesn't mean your comment saying that you're "doing something right" while racing at 150MHP makes any sense.   :lmfao:
[snapback]141527[/snapback]​

That I agree with.

Just received very bad news, a friend I know died in a Motorcycle accident. My motorcycle plans are history now, and my careful racing is now track only. I feel so bad for his father, his mother died a month ago.. God be with him.
[snapback]141539[/snapback]​

man! i'm sorry to hear that! that's always the worst thing to hear. i was goi gto get a bike...but, there are too many other people on the roads. it's one thing to be in a car...it's another to be on a bike!

all my doctor friends call them donorcycles....it's too sad!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by djkern+Aug 4 2005, 09:55 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2005, 09:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN

haha...i always hear that as "riding a fat chick is like riding a moped....." :rolf2:
[snapback]141483[/snapback]​

:banghead: That's what I get for tryin to be diplomatic about 'thick chicks'... :rolf2:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller+Aug 4 2005, 12:06 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN

[snapback]141483[/snapback]​

:banghead: That's what I get for tryin to be diplomatic about 'thick chicks'... :rolf2:
[snapback]141564[/snapback]​

:rolf2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts