Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it because we drive newer gen cars? I usually try to acknowledge my fellow z drivers regardless of model but I'm not feeling so much love from the 300zx crowd. I wonder if it'll be the same when the 370 rolls out off the production line...or maybe we'll all just give it nasty looks because of it's fugly front end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I seldom have my windows down (too HOT outside); so I just flash my high beams at any Z that I see; sometimes they flash back, sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah o live in the philly area and people deff dont wave back. i dont know wut tha deal is. no i only wave at people in there 20s they seem to wave back

·
Registered
38 Posts
No1 really cares in my city, its probably because there's so many of them, but when I see others they don't do anything more than quickly glance in my direction.

The other night I was just cruising around at like 2am on a weeknight and I spotted a 260z on the other side of the road and they were staring back, woopty woop I did a uturn and caught up to make some chitchat, and I see its a chick and she has that ultra-defensive cranky look on her face like "omg don't talk to me *******". Its as though she didn't even realize what she was driving.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No one really cares around here but it doesnt keep me from waving at them. Im the only one in my town with a Z but there are a few close by i wave to but usually get nothing back. There is a guy in a modded 300 who does acknowledge me though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just met a guy in a 300zx yesterday coming off the outer bridge crossing, apparently we were both headed the same way so I managed to make some small talk & referred him to this site. It's a shame it's not the same as with bikes...I swear every time I take the bike out I somehow end up riding in a group of 10-20+.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I usually just wave. Sometimes I get a wave back, and sometimes a dirty look. Had one Z pull next to me at a light and was makin' small talk with em'. Wish they were all like that!

·
Registered
136 Posts
dunno if it applies here but the other day there was a silver GTR on the way towards my direction. As i was drooling over his car, the driver also took a long good look at my Z. felt good.

anyways, BT... one time i waved a thumbs up at another silver 08Z driver and he just simply looked at me with an "wtf u doing" expression in his face. since then i only kinda nod/bow whenever i see a Z driver looking my way, thats it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hate that look, theres a guy at work that drives a silver 03 roadster. I didn't know whose it was at first but I always parked next to him. When he found out who I was the guy gave me the ugliest stare I've ever seen. I guess it had something to do with me being half his age and deciding to take the car in a whole differect direction. The only thing he asked was WTF is ACT. He seemed to take me a lot more seriously the next day after he heard my engine turn over. :bow:

·
5,437 Posts
In general, I get waves or flashes from Z's.. Vettes.. sportbikes.. pretty much anything go-fast. I think I'm 9 out of 10 with waving and getting a wave or acknowledgement of some sort back. I do also get a bit of negative attention, like when I'm washing my car and Honda drivers stop in the street to rev at me. Like I'm gonna drop my sponge and take off after them or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE (Jetpilot718 @ Aug 9 2008, 03:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=550090
In general, I get waves or flashes from Z's.. Vettes.. sportbikes.. pretty much anything go-fast. I think I'm 9 out of 10 with waving and getting a wave or acknowledgement of some sort back. I do also get a bit of negative attention, like when I'm washing my car and Honda drivers stop in the street to rev at me. Like I'm gonna drop my sponge and take off after them or something.
The rev thing from nicer Hondas (redundant statement?) is something like a "Hey, whats up" kinda thing. Like a shout, but with the car... Other times its simply ricer shenanigans.

Its funny how some people are with Z's. With the RSX, it rarely happens, but I get dirty looks from old men driving RSX's (also rather rare)... Generally anyone with a visably modded RSX will practically run another modded RSX off the road just to say hi, talk about the cars, and the usual CRSX name exchange.

Like previously brought up, I see a lot of yuppies driving the Z's. They always have this impression that it makes them the big **** on the streets and in parking lots. The way I see it - the faster they keep that up, the faster they will ultimately wreck the car from driving like a total jackass. Its kinda an eye for an eye exchange though, its one less Z that could have been, but its also one less that make the rest look like ****.

·
Registered
136 Posts
An older dood in a shiny new BMW 745iL was looking at me as he lined up during the red signal. He rolled down the windows and i thought he was gonna say something .
I suspect he turned of the A/C or smthing. THen he looked at me again. . . milli-seconds after green, he punched it, but the Z kicked his butt .
The mighty Z growled at his euro pride's face as i pulled away.

A/T mode, A/C on, and a passenger.

That's how i greet arrogant drivers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
most of the time they ignore my waves.

However, yesterday on the interstate I was approaching one from behind. I got in the other lane and when I passed he took the time to roll his window down and give me a thumbs up. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I usually get a stare of death in the Z....was much better with a sport bike...99% of the time got a wave back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I saw a silver z in Staten Island yesterday on the Victory Blvd. exit. It was definately modded because the guy had graphics on his sideskirts & windshield. When I saw it coming towards me I revved up to about 5500rpms and I could see a huge smile on the dudes face. Two good things came of this...1.) the guy gave me a thumbs up, and 2.) The minivan in front of me sped up. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends on how sick of snobby 350z drivers I am. Although, a few months ago, I decided I would just wave regardless, and maybe the snobs will catch on.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Frankly, folk in Zs don't wave back here. I blame it on being in SoCal, they're all driving the convertible here and they are embarrassed when they pass a coupe.

;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Saw a 07-08 silver Z in the wal-mart parking lot today. He came up on the side of me and actually waved at me! I waved back but I know he couldn't see me cuz my windows are so dark. Sorry dude!

81 - 100 of 100 Posts