Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I wave at most, but sometimes I feel I get snubbed more by the older owners (older person, newer car) like "look at this young punk with a Z". I seem to get more response back from the younger guys like me I suppose because it's a mutual appreciation of someone else young and probably successful.

I don't see too many girls with Z's but I don't think I'd worry about trying to get their attention too much, because though there's something in common there, they have one, so it won't impress them much lol.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Merged.

I sat and had dinner with 3 other couples last night, and we all drive Z's or G's. Good times. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I see guys driving 350zs all the time. It is a common car nowadays.
Yes that is true.....but that isn't the intent of this thread. The intent of this one is to elucidate if you (as a Z owner) acknowledge other Z/Gs and if so; how?.

Some owners are blase. I know I have been (obviously due to how many there are in the LA/OC area....it is easy to forget it's a "bitchin" ride....)

HOWEVER, recently, at least four times since Christmas I have had a renewed appreciation for being an owner of a Z. Specifically, when I was picking up two dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to make bread pudding using a Food Network recipe for Christmas, I had to get back on the 22 freeway. A black Z was exiting the freeway the other way as I was entering and I just looked over. He literally opened his driver door (I'm sure he tried to use the window switch) and threw out a "thumbs up" as we passed. I did the same (not something I normally do) and thought "cool....it's not that old of a body style yet. A couple days after that I was on Beach Blvd., and a two-tone (custom painted) Z rolled up next to my almost stock Z and the driver motioned me to lower the passenger window. Since it wasn't my driver window I was able to do it. He said effin' eh...we drive a nice car don't we?....I said "you do....my seat bolsters suck and and I have to open my door to take the dang parking garage ticket....K, I didn't say that, I thought it. I said "Effin' Eh we sure do!"

Anyway, we all greet Z owners differently.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I typically give a couple blinks of the high beams if they're approaching, a thumbs up otherwise.

There are not too many Zs around here; I can only think of four in a thirty-mile radius around my house. Two are owned by enthusiasts who appreciate the fact that it's a Z, just not a good-looking car, and the other two are older people I haven't talked to.

Just today, I was in the Taco Bell drive-thru and noticed a black '07 Nismo Z pull into Wendy's. I parked next to it and waited for the owner to come out and spoke to him. He was not from around here and was an older guy, mid-50's I guess, but he was an enthusiast and had owned other Z cars. He seemed surprised that a scruffy-looking teenager would be interested in Zs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ghost ride my whip and yell at the other driver "Yeeeee!" No one ever waves back though :headshake:

·
Registered
74 Posts
lol here in miami people suck they are mostly rude so no waving they will look at u like sa total idiot lol what I do is that when im riding my z and stop a a light with a z next to me I roll down the windows and tell them hey that's a nice car what's it call lol I gues no they really look at me like an idiot people smile tough lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Most people here in Sacramento that drive the older Z's 70's, 80's and 90's respond to my hand wave or thumbs up :thumbsup: . Alot of new Z owners here dont even look around :hide2: .

·
Registered
126 Posts
In socal there is alot of yuppies and give you that weird look... but surprisingly i got alot of thumbs up from random drivers that dont drive a Z...great feeling... It would be cool to have a closer Z family and i agree with most of you guys that most people dont appreciate the Z like it should be :headshake:

·
Registered
750 Posts
When I was driving my Z ( when i first purchased it while i was on my 2 week vacation before i had to go back to iraq ) I only saw one orange Z, parked at a house. Then while I was driving I saw a Darker Silver G with 4 teenagers, I just gave a Nod, and headed down the road. They stared at me but didnt wave or nod back, i was like, azzholes. haha. But while my dad was driving my Z when I left back to iraq, he has told me he gets waves from Z's , newer 300's and 350s also other sports cars all the time on the highway and city. I laughed, im like, did you wave back, he said, ofcourse, haha.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
i always wave no matter what. its always a nice gesture.
Warren. I was in Columbia yesterday .. but didn't make it down to Lexington. Haha ... would have to waaaay outta my way! But ... if I had .. would have waved. :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzz.......kssshhhhhhh!

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you got exhaust its also nice to push in the clutch and give a little rev rev with a honk or flash the headlights if its getting dark out. if it isnt dark, a little rev action with a wave or a nod :p

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Most people here in Sacramento that drive the older Z's 70's, 80's and 90's respond to my hand wave or thumbs up :thumbsup: . Alot of new Z owners here dont even look around :hide2: .
Those guys are usually older and have been around Z cars a lot longer. They know the deal. Younger owners have no idea about the history or comraderie.

In socal there is alot of yuppies and give you that weird look... but surprisingly i got alot of thumbs up from random drivers that dont drive a Z...great feeling... It would be cool to have a closer Z family and i agree with most of you guys that most people dont appreciate the Z like it should be :headshake:
I get a lot of cool waves and stares from non-Z people. It's very cool.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm considering just flipping em off. See if that'll get a response....but seriously, I've yet to get a wave back from a fellow Z owner in Midland/odessa.

On the highways down here most people wave at ya as they go by, but seems like the Z owners are snobs or something.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm considering just flipping em off. See if that'll get a response....but seriously, I've yet to get a wave back from a fellow Z owner in Midland/odessa.

On the highways down here most people wave at ya as they go by, but seems like the Z owners are snobs or something.

LOL NICE ONE. i bet you will get a response.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I usually roll down the the windows & rev the engine a little bit. I never got any responses when I lived in SoCal but on my way up to NY I did about a 20 mile run with red z and a yellow vette. We took up all lanes on a stretch of I-81 and eventually split off. I'm not sure if he's on here but it was an 03-05 red z with national guard plates from Oklahoma. As for what everyone else is saying about only acknowledging modded z's, how exactly does that work? My car looks bone stock on except for my blacked out headlights, taillights and custom ACT Clutch decals on the quarter windows. I'm just curious, you would think there'd be a more tight knit community amongst us z owners but I've been given the bird more times than I care to remember...especially by 300ZX owners. lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I wouldn't really know how other Z owners in my town would acknowledge me because there are only three 350Z's in my town. I'm the only modded one. I hardly ever see them so I never can wave. I did see this black 300ZX turbo charged one time. We passed each other and he revved his so I could hear the BOV and gave me a dirty look. I did nothing....

61 - 80 of 100 Posts