Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure we've discussed this before, but I'm really curious what happened to the Z wave.

Part of my problem is that in Atlanta a lot of yuppies drive Zs, but I've waved to about 5 Z owners in the past 3 or 4 days and only one acknowledged me. Sometimes I even feel as though fellow Z owners are giving me snobbish glares.

When I drove my Z32 most people would wave back, but now I only bother waving to modded Zs.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Perhaps you need to shower more often.... :poke:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
The Z wave is alive and well around here. I acknowledge all gens of Z cars, and usually get a wave back. Not always though and they usually DO look like yuppies - probably have no idea what the Z thing is all about. When I do get ignored, it is always a totally bone-stock looking 350

·
Registered
93 Posts
50 % of the time I get a wave back...Why do women totally disregard everyone?? :headshake: I'm just being friendly.

·
Registered
482 Posts
50 % of the time I get a wave back...Why do women totally disregard everyone?? :headshake: I'm just being friendly.
Women think all guys are hitting on them and that all guys are scum. Ask my wife :doh:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
sorry but, what is the Z wave?
Simple acknowlegement of other Z drivers on the road. Ever get a random wave from another Z?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Simple acknowlegement of other Z drivers on the road. Ever get a random wave from another Z?
well actually what i do if i see another Zedion, i press my emergency/ hazard lights quickly 4x. but so far, out 15 Zs, only one responded with his/ her with high beams. i think we need to invent our own "Z wave". what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Always. Get some nice wierd looks from older/business types who looks at a 18-year-old Asian Male driving a semi-expensive car . . . . probably either thinks I'm a doosh cuz they didn't have one when they were 18, or thinks it's my parent's car. ANYWAYS.

I once waved a Daytona Blue Roadster . . . . with a smoking hot blonde bombshell in it. She didn't wave but she did look at me and gave a really nice smile so I took that as the same idea.

Peace

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Do you wave at a passing Z? Flash the lights?

Scooter boys and girls all do the low wave. What's up with the Z brotherhood? ( This include Z Chicks)

So I keep waving, 350's 300"s First Gen's....doesn't matter.

I think it's time to get the old habit back...

Show some recognition to the driver for having "great taste!"

What?.....you know you see them......:wavey:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I usually try to wave. It seems as though there are too many people who drive the car b/c it gets them from point A to point B...not real enthusiasts who are excited to see another Z on the road.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If we're passing in opposite directions, I'll usually throw the peace sign with my left hand which is sitting on top of the steering wheel. If we're side by side, I try to make eye contact first and then wave.

I agree with lemansZ the majority of Z owners are not enthusiast, so I get less than 1/2 return on my gestures.

·
4,328 Posts
First off, if you wave at every single Z (all generations) that you see... you'll just be wasting your time, with little in the way of returned waves. And the majority of returned waves you get will simply be from people who are waving because you are waving at them. With that said, I only wave at 2 types of Z drivers: 1) Owners with visibly modified Z33 and Z32's and 2)Owners of very well maintained first gen cars. Other than that, it's just some dude (or chick).

Ronin Z :shiftdrive: :wavey:

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Fortunally, or not winter here keeps our Z sightings down.

I guess that until the "non-enthusiast" get waved at a few times they might think. Huh! Guess all of us Z guys are supposed to wave. Maybe that will trigger some reflective thought....these Z cats are serious.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Also, what I've found, it's a much higher percentage that return the wave with the older gens.....lets face it, it's more likely "enthusiasts" will be driving a 30 year car as opposed to someone driving it out of necessity.

The Z33 will eventually be that way.......when others have moved on to "greener pastures", I'll still be here a waving.....LOL

:shiftdrive: :wavey:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts