Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket alarm (Viper 650xv) and my factory alarm keeps going off sparatically. It started a couple of days ago. The alarm has been on almost a year.

So, I need to turn off the factory alarm without messing with the install of the Viper one.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jun 20 2005, 03:10 PM
use the key fob :wink:
[snapback]118100[/snapback]​

Dork :fish:

I meant is there a fuse to pull to keep the horn from honking and the lights from flashing. The Viper has a seperate siren that will deter people from breaking into my car...and will also alert me a lot sooner than the stock alarm.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy+Jun 20 2005, 04:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxxycat
@Jun 20 2005, 03:10 PM
use the key fob :wink:
[snapback]118100[/snapback]​

Dork :fish:

I meant is there a fuse to pull to keep the horn from honking and the lights from flashing. The Viper has a seperate siren that will deter people from breaking into my car...and will also alert me a lot sooner than the stock alarm.
[snapback]118106[/snapback]​

:rolf2: I know what you wanted, but I do not know the answer....therefore, you get the smartass reply :fish: LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Jun 21 2005, 11:10 AM
:bump: Thing is still going off.

Should I just call Nissan?
[snapback]118591[/snapback]​

There are several things you need to research here.

One, why is the alarm going off? If it is just randomly going off for no reason I would check the hood pin. Nissan has had issues with them causing false alarms. One check would be to arm the car with the windows down. Wait 60 seconds and then reach in through the window and pop the hood. Once the hood is open if your factory alarm goes off but your Viper alarm doesn't go off then thats a good indication.

Second, make sure your Viper is still arming and disarming the OEM alarm. You may not know it but your Viper alarm should actually arm AND disarm the OEM alarm with the aftermarket alarm (the OEM alarm arms and disarms through the lock and unlock wire).

Start with those two things, my money would be on the hood pin, if you have one!

·
Registered
44 Posts
i hab a aftermarket alarm adn does the same thing..i always kept the factory alarm key on cause they told me itll go off sumtimes...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by kumdolife@Jun 30 2005, 02:15 AM
i hab a aftermarket alarm adn does the same thing..i always kept the factory alarm key on cause they told me itll go off sumtimes...
[snapback]124272[/snapback]​

If the alarm was installed correctly then the OEM alarm should NEVER go off. Like I said before, if the alarm is installed properly then unlocking then remotely unlocking the doors with the aftermarket alarm should disarm the OEM system...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe it is the hood pin. I'll test it when I get home.

The thing is, the alarm worked for almost a year with no problem.

The Viper does arm and disarm the factory alarm also.

And yes, it's just going off at random. Nothing will be anywhere near the car. Sometimes at 3:00 in the morning.

Hopefully this will fix it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Sorry for the late reply.
Sounds like a grounding issue either with the original equipment (hood pin/door pins), or a connection between the Viper and BCM connections. I didn't hook up my horn output. The alarm only triggers the pain generator.
Or, if you have a RF zone sensor, adjust either the warning zone or sensitivity.
Hope this helps you.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts