Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered new rotors, SS brake lines and hawk pads and I'm considering attempting to install it all. I've read some generic write ups on bleeding brake lines and installing rotors but I was wondering if there are any tutorials written up for the Z w/ pictures and also a tutorial on rotor installs specific to the Z.

I read the guide on installing brake pads but want to make sure I'm turning the bolt the right direction. Attached is a picture with the arrow (in white) pointing to the direction that I "believe" I should turn the bolt to loosen it. Please let me know if this is correct.

Thanks for the help!

[attachmentid=12291]

Attachments

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Wouldn't going towards the right from this angle loosen them though?
Yes. Go the direction of the arrow ince the bolt is on the backside. If you were able to look at the bolt from the other side it would indeed be "righty tighty, lefty loosey"

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
The easiest way not to get confused is always to picture yourself facing the bolt and think righty tighty lefty losy and you wont mess up.
Or set your socket wrench to loosen the bolt, and you can't go wrong. It won't do anything but rachet if you turn it the wrong way. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts