Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did the "toothpaste method" on the exterior but there is still some noticeable foggy-ness on the interior of the headlights. just wondering is there any way to clean them without taking out the whole unit? and if i do take them out to clean them, it there anything i could use to prevent this from happening again? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You have condensation inside the housing? That's not good. I would check to see if everything is sealed tightly. Just look around and look for anything that doesn't seem right.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Agree with Smooth - sound like a bad seal somewhere. Try to locate that, then use a hairdryer or other heat source, including the lamps themselves to dry it up first and then seal those puppies, lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i would need to take apart the unit, clean it out and then re-seal them to make sure it doesn't happen again right?

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
To do the best job yes. I hear it is not the easiest job and not always successful.
FYI- welcome to Tech :cheers: and I might point out we have a Search function, as do all of the forums. Notice you have a lot of questions, and most have been addressed over the 8 years of the 350. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you think new headlights would be the answer?

and i didn't realize there was a search function :doh:
this is the only forum im a member of. thanks! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
No problem. and no, don't think I would spend the money involved for new ones without at least attempting a fix. Unless you are baller rich of course. :rolf2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:bling: haha

but what if I attempt it and i fail miserably and then have no headlights..only daytime driving? lol

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Welcome to Tech.

Maybe take the Z to a dealership and see if they will diagnose the problem for you. If the seal failed it's possible the dealership could fix it.

If not, check local junkyards for used assemblies.

This would not be a Do It Yourself project for me.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Lots of people sell the headlights. If you can score a newer pair for a decent price, I would go that route.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im actually retarded and thought that since i scrubbed the sh!t out of my headlights with the toothpaste method that it had to be on the inside but today i felt them on the exterior of the housing and it's definitely the outside. what a sigh of relief, gonna clean them up today and finally have NEW looking headlights again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts