Should be the same procedure as changing out the turn signal lamps...which means you go in through the front tire wheel well.
Park you car on a flat surface and turn the steering wheel/tire in the direction of the lamp you want to change out. Jack up the car just enough for the front tire to clear the ground. Remove the two or three small screws from the upper fender and some (4 or 5) of the pop-out plastic rivets that join the wheel well. ( a small flat head screw driver under the lip of the rivet wil release them, then just pull them out) Pry/pull apart the wheel well cover with your fingers and you will see the back of the headlight assembly. Twist the back of the bulb housing and it will come out.
Repeat for the other side. It helps to have a flashlight...
1. jack up the front passenger side of the car. the factory jack will work fine for this. raise it just enough so the front tire is barely touching the ground.
2. locate 2 screws on the outer fender edge of the wheel well. and remove them.
note: the 2 circles on the right are the screws; the 3rd on the left is the top rivot mentioned in step 3.
3. locate 3 pop rivots lined up with the top most screw that you removed; they follow a line back towards the engine. one on top; 2 on the far wall.
to remove these use a flat head screw driver and wiggle it under the center circle. pull the center circle out partially and the whole thing will come out.
4. now is where it gets a tad tricky. with all the screws loose; you can slide the wheel well toward the engine to clear the fender lip. at the top where you removed the top center screw the rear portion of the wheel well overlaps the front; pull it down. then pull the front portion down as well.
you want to bring the front portion all the way down past the other side. the key is to push it away from the fender and theyll go easier.
5. you now have the front portion released; and should be staring at the back side of the housing.
6. you can get all the bulbs out from there; the most obvious is the driving light
the turn signal I cant get a picture of but it is up top right where youd expect it to be; same for the parking light.
7. twist them about a quarter turn and pull it out.
If your replacing them with my LED bulbs; they will only light in one direction; look at the wires on the back of the socket; one will be green the other black; line up the black mark on the base with the black wire and plug it in. turn on the light and verify it works before putting everything back together.
A forum community dedicated to Nissan 350Z / 370Z and Infiniti G35 / G37 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, exhaust, turbos, maintenance, and more!