Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of the evo style for my turn signals and I can see how to change the bulb but I cant get my hand in their. Do you half to remove the bolt above it or what?
Thanks for the help..

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Should be the same procedure as changing out the turn signal lamps...which means you go in through the front tire wheel well.

Park you car on a flat surface and turn the steering wheel/tire in the direction of the lamp you want to change out. Jack up the car just enough for the front tire to clear the ground. Remove the two or three small screws from the upper fender and some (4 or 5) of the pop-out plastic rivets that join the wheel well. ( a small flat head screw driver under the lip of the rivet wil release them, then just pull them out) Pry/pull apart the wheel well cover with your fingers and you will see the back of the headlight assembly. Twist the back of the bulb housing and it will come out.

Repeat for the other side. It helps to have a flashlight...

There may be a DIY with pics somewhere...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to ask how do I change the turn signal bulbs? lol i got new turn signals..
I also got a set of clear corners I may do it all at once...

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
that will help...but you will not have to completely remove the inside wheel well covers...just need to be able to get your hand in there...

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
For the clear corners, you're better off taking off the entire bumper honestly. Don't bother with trying to fit your entire hand in there to change those out, you'll only waste your time.

Good luck with your installs.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Buddy is right about removing the bumper cover to instal the clear corners.

The pics are no longer being hosted...but here is another set of instructions for how to reach the turn signal bulbs.

replace parking/turn/driving lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. jack up the front passenger side of the car. the factory jack will work fine for this. raise it just enough so the front tire is barely touching the ground.

2. locate 2 screws on the outer fender edge of the wheel well. and remove them.

note: the 2 circles on the right are the screws; the 3rd on the left is the top rivot mentioned in step 3.

3. locate 3 pop rivots lined up with the top most screw that you removed; they follow a line back towards the engine. one on top; 2 on the far wall.

to remove these use a flat head screw driver and wiggle it under the center circle. pull the center circle out partially and the whole thing will come out.

4. now is where it gets a tad tricky. with all the screws loose; you can slide the wheel well toward the engine to clear the fender lip. at the top where you removed the top center screw the rear portion of the wheel well overlaps the front; pull it down. then pull the front portion down as well.

you want to bring the front portion all the way down past the other side. the key is to push it away from the fender and theyll go easier.

5. you now have the front portion released; and should be staring at the back side of the housing.

6. you can get all the bulbs out from there; the most obvious is the driving light

the turn signal I cant get a picture of but it is up top right where youd expect it to be; same for the parking light.

7. twist them about a quarter turn and pull it out.

If your replacing them with my LED bulbs; they will only light in one direction; look at the wires on the back of the socket; one will be green the other black; line up the black mark on the base with the black wire and plug it in. turn on the light and verify it works before putting everything back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts