Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear all of you go through this long process of washing cleaning waxing claybarring and everything ur z.

all i do is wash it rinse it wax it and wipe off and buff out the wax. it looks fine. is that bad or something? i dont claybar or any crazy stuff like that.

how bouut if i do the same but use zaino z5? is that bad

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
It just depends upon the results that you are wanting. If all you are concerned with is keeping it clean, then wash, rinse dry wax buff is just fine. If you are concerned w/ minimizing swirl marks, enhancing the depth of color and gloss of your paint then I suggest you check out www.autopia.org and do some research into what products will work for what you want to acheive. Claybars really do work at pulling the microscopic particles (industrial fallout) out of your paint....another good site is www.properautocare.com

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

all our cars should look like dr. bonz's
but his process seems so complicated and costly
i want mine to shine like that with just zaino z5 and normal car wash

·
Registered
256 Posts
[/quote]

In agreeance with jinxxy...

Claybar isn't something that you will want to do often. It is basically a mild abrasive that is cutting into the clear-coat. If you do it TOO much...you'll end up removing the clear.

I recommend claybarring it really good one time...then packing the protective waxes/polishes on-top of it. Keep it nice and waxed, and you'll be fine. It'll be easier to clean...and easier to "keep" clean.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I only use the claybar for the initial Zaino application...and then about once a year to remove surface contamination...you would be suprised how smooth the surface feels after you clay it. Claybar works very well on bugs remains as well.

There is nothing wrong with your detailing method. Zaino is just a different product than wax. It tends to last longer between applications as it is a polymer that bonds to the paint.

Doing the same process with Z5 is fine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also wax in cold weather but still above freezing such as 40degrees F.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]

So true...Zaino on a BY looks incredible.

Just put it on and take it off....

One ounce of Zaino is enough for the entire car. Not expensive.

Look at it his way....it takes a little longer for the initial Zaino applications due to the Dawn & claybar and not being familiar with the process. But after you GET IT ON THE CAR....piece of cake to maintain...just wash it with Z5, dry it, mist on some Z6 and buff that out and you're like brand new.

IMO...you'll spend more time & money keeping it waxed than you will maintaining a Zaino shine on the paint. Good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so... is this good? wash with zaino car wash, then claybar on the intitial zaino, and constantly use z5 afterthat? now is it bad if i dont use the zaino car wash? i dont want to ruin the zaino effect... i WANT TO MAXIMIZE IT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts