Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I noticed a few threads on Houston meets. The Supra and Vette guys have had a little success with our meets recently. We were trying to get the 350z guys out but haven't had any luck - but I finally found you all. You can see pics of our last meet HERE.

I will post up the next time we hook up if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I am from New Orleans but myself and a couple others from this board have tried to organize a huge meet. We had numerous definates going to show but had to cancel due to rain. I would like to get another meet setup sometime maybe in november. We were trying to get anyone within driving distance from anywhere from alabama to texas.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Dave079@Oct 7 2004, 11:08 PM
I am from New Orleans but myself and a couple others from this board have tried to organize a huge meet. We had numerous definates going to show but had to cancel due to rain. I would like to get another meet setup sometime maybe in november. We were trying to get anyone within driving distance from anywhere from alabama to texas.

Sounds like you are shooting for a nice size regional meet. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
well QS i take it you are from the houston area!! like dave said we tried to get a meet but it was canceled due to rain. we would like to get together another big meet, maybe we can combine the supras and 350z.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Oct 8 2004, 06:33 AM
well QS i take it you are from the houston area!!  like dave said we tried to get a meet but it was canceled due to rain.  we would like to get together another big meet, maybe we can combine the supras and 350z.

Sweetness....still waiting for definite dates!

Hopefully it is a "good" time in November...new goodies to show off...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 8 2004, 09:06 AM
<span style="color:darkblue">The original meet is still pinned in the Texas forum.  link</span>

Yeah we will probably try to follow somewhat of the same format unless someone can come up with some better ideas.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by JTS2005@Oct 8 2004, 10:34 AM
dave i am up for whatever we can decide on this time!!

Ok Jaysen I will start organizing something again and get some polls on dates sometime this week

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Dave079+Oct 8 2004, 09:49 AM-->QUOTE (Dave079 @ Oct 8 2004, 09:49 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN
@Oct 8 2004, 09:06 AM
<span style="color:darkblue">The original meet is still pinned in the Texas forum.  link</span>

Yeah we will probably try to follow somewhat of the same format unless someone can come up with some better ideas.

Okay, I think I read the itinerary. It's kind of hard to follow the plan with all of the different threads going. I don't want to throw a wrench in the plans but I can make a few suggestions. It sound like you want a parking lot meet, a night dinner, and a drive over the course of a day.

Well, the parking lot near Starbucks/Jamba Juice on Post Oak and Westhiemer is dicey. Sometimes you get kicked out and sometimes you don't. I have pull at a nearby speedshop off of 34th street and 290W. Its 5 minutes from the Galleria. You would have permission to be there. Its called Autobanh Motorsports. They tune Supras and Z's. There you can check out the shop, meet in the lot without worrying about cops, and have a show and shine or just talk.

If you plan on a drive, a trip to Space City is not bad. However, there are better roads north of Houston. The trip down 45 is congested with traffic. I did the drive from Houston to Galveston last weekend and the traffic was ridiculous. If you want I can give you the details on the fun roads North of Houston.

For dinner, it sounds like D&B is where you want to go. That's cool. There are a ton of places in Houston to eat. The last time I threw a dinner we went to Star Pizza. We had about 60 people show up. They have a big screen upstairs we tapped into and played the Gumball 3000 video while we ate.

I am still not sure what the date is for the meet. I couldn't find it.

Those are just my suggestions. If it is too confusing, just stick to your plan. I will come out anyway (weather permitting).

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by QS Supra@Oct 8 2004, 12:44 PM
Okay, I think I read the itinerary.  It's kind of hard to follow the plan with all of the different threads going.  I don't want to throw a wrench in the plans but I can make a few suggestions.  It sound like you want a parking lot meet, a night dinner, and a drive over the course of a day.

Well, the parking lot near Starbucks/Jamba Juice on Post Oak and Westhiemer is dicey.  Sometimes you get kicked out and sometimes you don't.  I have pull at a nearby speedshop off of 34th street and 290W.  Its 5 minutes from the Galleria.  You would have permission to be there.  Its called Autobanh Motorsports.  They tune Supras and Z's.  There you can check out the shop, meet in the lot without worrying about cops, and have a show and shine or just talk. 

If you plan on a drive, a trip to Space City is not bad.  However, there are better roads north of Houston.  The trip down 45 is congested with traffic.  I did the drive from Houston to Galveston last weekend and the traffic was ridiculous.  If you want I can give you the details on the fun roads North of Houston.

For dinner, it sounds like D&B is where you want to go.  That's cool.  There are a ton of places in Houston to eat.  The last time I threw a dinner we went to Star Pizza.  We had about 60 people show up.  They have a big screen upstairs we tapped into and played the Gumball 3000 video while we ate.

I am still not sure what the date is for the meet.  I couldn't find it. 

Those are just my suggestions.  If it is too confusing, just stick to your plan.  I will come out anyway (weather permitting).

The speedshop would be a good idea. We were also thinking about maybe using the Marq-E center. We had gotten permission to use that already. Either way is fine by me. Without me knowing about the Houston area its hard to decide on a good place to meet.

As for the cruise I am up for anything. If you know some good areas to drive to let me know and we can definately take those routes instead.

With dinner we can still do D&B. We can still change up whatever to peoples likings. Im going to try to get this thing off the ground soon. I can use anyones help for suggestions and opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Dave079+Oct 8 2004, 01:01 PM-->QUOTE (Dave079 @ Oct 8 2004, 01:01 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-QS Supra
@Oct 8 2004, 12:44 PM

Okay, I think I read the itinerary.  It's kind of hard to follow the plan with all of the different threads going.  I don't want to throw a wrench in the plans but I can make a few suggestions.  It sound like you want a parking lot meet, a night dinner, and a drive over the course of a day.

Well, the parking lot near Starbucks/Jamba Juice on Post Oak and Westhiemer is dicey.  Sometimes you get kicked out and sometimes you don't.  I have pull at a nearby speedshop off of 34th street and 290W.  Its 5 minutes from the Galleria.  You would have permission to be there.  Its called Autobanh Motorsports.  They tune Supras and Z's.  There you can check out the shop, meet in the lot without worrying about cops, and have a show and shine or just talk. 

If you plan on a drive, a trip to Space City is not bad.  However, there are better roads north of Houston.  The trip down 45 is congested with traffic.  I did the drive from Houston to Galveston last weekend and the traffic was ridiculous.  If you want I can give you the details on the fun roads North of Houston.

For dinner, it sounds like D&B is where you want to go.  That's cool.  There are a ton of places in Houston to eat.  The last time I threw a dinner we went to Star Pizza.  We had about 60 people show up.  They have a big screen upstairs we tapped into and played the Gumball 3000 video while we ate.

I am still not sure what the date is for the meet.  I couldn't find it. 

Those are just my suggestions.  If it is too confusing, just stick to your plan.  I will come out anyway (weather permitting).

The speedshop would be a good idea. We were also thinking about maybe using the Marq-E center. We had gotten permission to use that already. Either way is fine by me. Without me knowing about the Houston area its hard to decide on a good place to meet.

As for the cruise I am up for anything. If you know some good areas to drive to let me know and we can definately take those routes instead.

With dinner we can still do D&B. We can still change up whatever to peoples likings. Im going to try to get this thing off the ground soon. I can use anyones help for suggestions and opinions. Thanks!

Dave,

I will PM you my phone number. You can give me a call and I can tell you more about Autobanh and some driving roads. If you guys want to throw a dyno day into the mix I can help make arrangements for a private Z day too.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
QS great suggestions, since you know houston better than any of us i would go with what you think would be best, IMO. lets get a date together and get this thing situated. i really like the idea of the pizza place!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by JTS2005@Oct 8 2004, 01:36 PM
QS great suggestions, since you know houston better than any of us i would go with what you think would be best, IMO.  lets get a date together and get this thing situated.  i really like the idea of the pizza place!!

LOL.

Are you guys expecting people from out of town that need lodging?
I would also suggest the first weekend in November, like the 6th, or late October. Any later in November will conflict with Thanksgiving plans.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts