Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my hotchkis springs installed on saturday. All I can say is wow. They drop the car just enough to tell and I really liked how they felt on the way home. I'll post up pics later. And again thanks to Aaron aka Zivman. The fronts were a bitch thank God he had a impact wrench. Backs were a easy.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Congrats! Now for the alignment.

Sorry I couldn't make it. I had a ton of stuff that needed to get done, including cleaning out the garage.

I'm taking her for a spin today! What a day!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It feels fine. I'm still going to take it in and have them look at it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nothing can ever go smoothly. It's always one nut or bolt that will cause some serious hangups. Only consilation was that the rears were still really easy.

So, you think the ride is an improvement over stock?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it's better than stock. You can really feal the difference.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
nice choice of springs, the hotchkis give the nicest drop imo, none of that drag car look

ill be going hotchkis too when my wheels arrive, would love some more detailed info on how they feel compared to stock

the hotchkis are stiffer up front and softer in the back yeah? does the front crash over bumps? has the softer rear reduced the axle tramp? is it overall firmer or softer than stock?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice choice of springs, the hotchkis give the nicest drop imo, none of that drag car look

ill be going hotchkis too when my wheels arrive, would love some more detailed info on how they feel compared to stock

the hotchkis are stiffer up front and softer in the back yeah? does the front crash over bumps? has the softer rear reduced the axle tramp? is it overall firmer or softer than stock?

I think it is more firmer than stock. I want to say it feels more crisp. The front does not seem to crash to hard.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics. Sorry I thought I took more during the install.

Here are some after pics. Sorry again they don't show that much.

Here are a couple of before pics.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
thats a very nice drop, now all u need is the 25mm H&R DRM rear wheel spacers im selling :irock:

im thinking of going ahead and doing the springs sooner now after seeing those pics

my wheels wont come till Jan/Feb anyway

where did u buy them from? Shipping on the tvs kit is going to kill me

·
Registered
728 Posts
he got a crazy deal on them off ebay. He can say specifically, but I doubt anyone has gotten them cheaper.

GSC motorsports usually has the best prices on hotchkis

·
Registered
728 Posts
springs are silver - sways are red

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm working on getting some more, If I do I'll give you them for what I get them for.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the alignment done today. So I took the twisty back roads home. Wow these new springs are great. I thought the car handled good before. Now it really hugs the road well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
man u are just making me want them more and more

How did the alignment go? What did they get your car to?

Did they refer to your car as a "sexy beast"

I just did springs on a G35 today. took about 1.5 hrs total - we had no problems what so ever. everything went smooth. I guess the 3rd times the charm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts