Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have designed hood shocks that work great for the 350Z...so now no more nasty prop rod in the way, or in our pictures. Let me know if you are interested in a set of these. They should be ready by next week, I still have a couple of kinks to work out of the design, nothing major.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
hmmmm, promising. Let us know the install details and cost!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Install is around 1-1.5 hr. most of that time is cutting. You have to cut 2 small sections for either side of the plastic surrounding the brake and battery cover. It isn't cutting the covers themselves. I used a hacksoaw for the rouch cut and a dremel for final touches. There are 2 holes to drill on each side of the inner fender lip, whihc is mainly covered by the plastic surrounding the brake and battery covers. Lastly you just lock on the hood shocks. There is one for each side. Pricing hasn't been locked down yet, but should be between 50-70 for everything you need

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are 2 options that I can offer one option is with steel brackets, you will need to paint or have powdercoated. The second option is stainless steel brackets which cost 4 times as much as steel :( but don't need any protective coating. Anyway, just wanted to get a consensus on what you guys would want. I will offer both, but would need 25 people for each set to get a discount on either one. Pricing for the stainless steel will be 65.00 if I get 25 or more on the set, if not 75.00 is the price.
On the other option with just steel brackets it will be 55.00 for 25 or more, if not then 65.00 is the price.
I will not be taking money until I get the instructions completed, that way I can ship the kit immediately. I should be ready to ship by mid next week, but would like to get an "I'm in for a set" established so I know how many to order. You can PM me or just reply to the this thread so I can get a count

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 25 mentioned will not be just this forum, I have posted this on other z forums and as long as I get a total 25 or more across the board for one or the other I will be giving the discount to everyone. I will keep the "I'm in for steel, stainless steel" count updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do toykilla. I will post where to send the money next week and what the final price will be depending on the number of people I have buying stainless. I think we are going to make the 25. I should be able to accept money early next week and will ship wen I recieve the money.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please add $4 for shipping to your address for the hood shocks. I forgot to post that in my original pricing statement.
I will be ordering the parts tomorrow morning, meaning they will be at my house on Monday as long as nothing is back ordered.
They payments I will accept are as follows...
Paypal (preferred) my account is [email protected]
also
Money Order or Cashiers Check will be fine. They can be sent to:

Matthew Cantine
125 Willowleaf Ln
White House, TN 37188

Please include the following on your payment, your entire shipping address and your USERID. Please notify me when you have sent your payment, via email [email protected], a PM, or a reply to this post will do.

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have sold out of my initial order and am now ordering on an individual basis, it only takes one day to get the shocks shipped to me so that I can put them with the rest of the kit. It is $69 shipped till the end of may then the price will go up to $79 shipped b/c of the group buy I offered in may. Let me know if you want a set of them.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I received these a few weeks ago and just got around to installing them. I would HIGHLY recommend these.

350ztn, I just have one question.. what are the small silver curved pins for ? There were 4 of them but they were not mentioned in the instructions?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I received these a few weeks ago and just got around to installing them. I would HIGHLY recommend these.

350ztn, I just have one question.. what are the small silver curved pins for ? There were 4 of them but they were not mentioned in the instructions?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.