Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I ordered a Seibon TS CF hood. I was under the impression that hood pins would be a nessessary safety feature for the hood. But after doing a search to check out who has what, I found a few threads that basicaly said they are for show or might even eventually degrade the quallity of the hood over time.

So are hood pins a good idea or not?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
I dont have them on mine. After looking at how the thing is put together i dont see a reason for it. Well at least on the Seibon hoods. The latch area is pretty bulky.

If I had a 200+mph car I would definitely put them on there. Wind force is brutal at those speeds (a la hurricane?)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 21 2005, 08:23 AM
I dont have them on mine. After looking at how the thing is put together i dont see a reason for it. Well at least on the Seibon hoods. The latch area is pretty bulky.

If I had a 200+mph car I would definitely put them on there. Wind force is brutal at those speeds (a la hurricane?)
[snapback]118492[/snapback]​

I agree.

·
Registered
57 Posts
def not on that hood. it would be a crime to drill holes in it. ebay hood, then i'd say drill away. my friend bought a sh*t hood from ebay for his rx7 and the cf seperated from the latch assy. :doh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've been well over 120+ w/ my seibon ts-II no problems :irock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts