Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having a problem programming their homelink for the garage door? Feelin' pretty stupid right about now.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i didnt have any problems?.. make sure u press the buttons deliberately and hold them for a decent amount of time

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TK, I'll give it another go. Hey Terri(message before yours), By the way I don't think there is a subscription for Homelink. Maybe thinking of "On Star" ?

Oh, and TK, I can't wait to see new shifter. Can you describe it. Or is it Hush-Hush. I'll whisper, wink...wink.... Z Ya ! Dave

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
FLZ u wont be seeing the new shifter on TK anytime soon because of his wreck, that is unless i put it on mine, HAHA. ill let him tell you about it

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have two of the three homelink buttons programmed. It is easy. Just follow the instructions in the owner's manual. You have to hold the button a long time before the light blinks, then hold the button down on your stand-alone garage transmitter, right next to the rear-view. It works fine.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey 350z , OUCH! Just want to say this the best and friendliest forum i've been to yet. Keep up the great work. Oh. Zchicks also! Hi back Terri
Also 350z sorry I did'nt get back to you on What type knob mine is, It's a MOMO knock-off. Great quality. Can get at Bennett Auto supply. Not sure of model number but comes in almost any color combo. Z Ya! Dave "FLZ"

·
Registered
9 Posts
FLZ guessing from the date on your post you probably have everything figured out by now. If not, I know that with the ones I have programed that there is a "learn" button on the actual garage door lifting mechanisim(motor box) that I had to press along with the buttons on the homelink. ---hope this helps you or anyone else reading this

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine was a problem. A lot of door openers have a rolling code security....code changes automatically each time the door is opened...for this type...program 1st by the instructions in the z manual or quick reference...then....locate the program button on your garge door motor..should be near a led....then press the button on the motor and within a few seconds push the button you tried to program on you mirror....this will train the reciever to the code you stored so it won't use the rolling security.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts