·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Go team Williams!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Haha. I have better things to do at 7 in the morning... like sleep w00t!
</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by NismoKid+Jul 22 2004, 07:04 PM-->QUOTE (NismoKid @ Jul 22 2004, 07:04 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-DiRN
@Jul 22 2004, 05:55 PM
<span style="color:darkblue">Haha.  I have better things to do at 7 in the morning... like sleep w00t! 
</span>

Sleep? WTF is that? "Sleeping is the cousin of death." - EL

Good one, bro!

Come on, Dirn. Watch it once and you get addicted. :goodtimes:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Dude, the only way I'm up at 7 AM on is Sunday is if I never went to bed on Saturday. And then the last thing on my mind is F1

·
Registered
806 Posts
Well, Michael Schumacher won again (11 wins out of 12 races). This win ties the record of most wins in a season, which was also set by him. It's also his 81st win out of 206 races...unbelievable. Montoya finished 5th and had a very bad start (lost about 4 to 5 positions). Kimi Raikonnen (sp?) of Mclaren Mercedes crashed going almost top speed on the straight away because his wing ripped itself off and he hit the wall.

There are 6 more races with the next one being in Hungary on August 15th.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I watched it this morning with my 2-year old son. We saw Raikonnen lose it, and my son (in his own language) asked, "What happened?" It was cute.

I can't believe MS! It's the car. I bet if everyone drove the same exact car as him, it would be a lot tighter. At least the BMW-Williams team made it in the top 8.

There were some great camera angles! And some close calls in the pitlane!

Can't wait for the next race.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That pit lane incident was very close with Montoya. I couldn't believe they let him leave the pit box with it being so close to the other car.

I know team Sauber uses the Ferrari engine and transmission (the car even looks the same!), but they still lose. I think if Sauber got better drivers, they would be a top contender.

I have to say that Schumacher is the most consistent driver and never gets his car out of the driving line, but others do have occasional late braking and getting out of line. I have to say Montoya and Raikonnen are the best drivers, but their cars simply aren't up to par. Mercedes had a lot of engine blows in the beginning of the season and now an aero mishap. Williams just seems to not be able to make a good handling chassis with downforce, but they have the strongest engine. Can't wait for the next race either!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by NismoKid@Jul 25 2004, 11:06 AM
That pit lane incident was very close with Montoya.  I couldn't believe they let him leave the pit box with it being so close to the other car. 

I know team Sauber uses the Ferrari engine and transmission (the car even looks the same!), but they still lose.  I think if Sauber got better drivers, they would be a top contender. 

I have to say that Schumacher is the most consistent driver and never gets his car out of the driving line, but others do have occasional late braking and getting out of line.  I have to say Montoya and Raikonnen are the best drivers, but their cars simply aren't up to par.  Mercedes had a lot of engine blows in the beginning of the season and now an aero mishap.  Williams just seems to not be able to make a good handling chassis with downforce, but they have the strongest engine.  Can't wait for the next race either!

I remember the announcers commenting on the pit incident. I guess the crew chief either didn't see the car coming, or figured they could get out quickly.

As for the Sauber team, I thought they had released a new driver who eventually went to Williams (I forget his name). He was bitching about how the former team didn't provide enough good equipment for him as compared to the team's current driver.

I'll have to keep an eye on the Aussie, Webber.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't believe MS! It's the car. I bet if everyone drove the same exact car as him, it would be a lot tighter. At least the BMW-Williams team made it in the top 8.

If it were really just the car how do you explain Barrichello? He has the same equipment and he still is just running with the rest of the bunch. I think the Ferrai is probably the best of the lot, there pit stops are topnotch, but it would all go for nothing if it weren't for Schumi. Ross Braun asks for a quick lap or two and Michael delivers. Take him out of the equation and the race tightens up and all of a sudden the other cars become competitive.

just my $.02

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by zz-notop@Jul 27 2004, 11:47 PM
If it were really just the car how do you explain Barrichello?

Discipline. Schumacher focuses and is a textbook driver (I think). Very consistent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree. Whatever Schumacher does, he does it like no other driver can or does. I think in another 30 years people will be talking of him like they do now of Fangio, Clark, Senna and the other great ones. I was fortunate enough to see Clark drive, then Senna, and now Schumi. It would have been fantastic to see Senna and Schumacher go head to head.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I still haven't washed my right hand for about 3 or 4 weeks now...Schumi has a firm handshake. Good racing build. Must be like fighter pilots, I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 28 2004, 11:44 PM
Well, I still haven't washed my right hand for about 3 or 4 weeks now

That isn't something I'd go around sharing with people

1 - 18 of 18 Posts