Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

hmmmmm is this weak?

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Turbo_Z 
#1 ·
Dynoed my stock 2003 touring 350z on a mustang dyno.
was kinda disapointed mabey im just expecting to much from my Z but this is the results. (will post up sheet when i get a scanner later today.

used with a weather machine
1st run
184ft-lb 190 hp
2ed run
189ft-lb 194 hp

I know dynos are not the best way to guess hp but
I wana do a before and after mods to see the difference I made??? to me this sounds to low I was hoping fot at least 215hp and 205 torque any one have any input on this dyno or is this just correct and I'm just crazy? Also does my 18"rotas with Eagle F1 A/S have any thing to do with this???

#4 ·
It was about 8:45 in the morning at 80*F. I asked the guy what the humidity was and he said he doesn't know but he was using a weather machine or something like that to kind trick the ECU on the weather conditions( something like that)??? never heard of this machine or if he was just full of it. Only thing I could think of is he wasn't using the fan with the hood popped. he did a 5th gear pull to see if there was any difference and my coolant temperature gauge was getting hot fast so he stoped with that run at about 5k.

#5 ·
That is Extremly low you should have been around 230whp from the start. Was the correction factor off on the computer? I think they have a way to adjust the way the HP is read. that or was you tires slipping on the dyno machines drums-rollers/ if it is a drum type.

DAN

#6 ·
Tire are new and were not slipping. I dono but i just raced my buddy in his 05 350z and I beat him 3 times in a row!!! good driver on my part... I dono but it suck that I spend 60$ on 2 dyno runs that are not even the right numbers

#7 ·
Sounds like you need to take it to a different Dyno and see what happens.

#9 ·
QUOTE (garym396 @ Jul 23 2008, 05:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=546996
Sounds like you need to take it to a different Dyno and see what happens.
Yeah I second that. And you are saying that they did both runs in 5th gear? I'm no dyno expert but I know I just read a thread recently that suggested that the dyno be in 4th gear for MT's....:dunno: Maybe someone can chime in on that?

#10 ·
No he did a 2 4th gear pulls and then a 5th gear but I started to get really hot so he stoped at around 5.000rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.