Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:clap: Looking good! And tempting, too!

dave says this because he doesn't NEED 500hp but wouldn't mind 300whp :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
dave says this because he doesn't NEED 500hp but wouldn't mind 300whp :wink:
chris has been saying this for a while now. :nana: Let's see if he holds true to form..

chris has also been enjoying the car "as is". Because chris hasn't been driving the Z much and it feels faster. :wink:

chris knows this won't last long with the season around the corner.

dave shouldn't start 3rd person thought bubbles like this.. dave's got chris doing it now as well.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:rolf2: you can read my thoughts?

So true about the car feeling faster after not driving it for a while. I'll probably get in trouble once spring rolls around and I get to start driving my Z on a regular basis.

dave still wants to go FI but can't find a money tree growing anywhere

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
:rolf2: you can read my thoughts?

So true about the car feeling faster after not driving it for a while. I'll probably get in trouble once spring rolls around and I get to start driving my Z on a regular basis.

dave still wants to go FI but can't find a money tree growing anywhere

It took me about an hour yesterday to get back into things.

After 2 hours... the Z is slow again. :(

G

·
Here are a few photos I took while my car was at AAM, to go along with the HKS kit I am getting the 440cc injectors to eliminate the 2 extra injectors that comes with the HKS kit, allow for more precise control of fuel, also got the plenum spacer all tuned with the Navigator.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Looks like the intake tube was made specifically for the stock plenum and strut bar. I suppose someone like me with the Crawford plenum and bar would not be able to get this kit. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

BTW, the pics look great and so does the install. :clap: Keep us in the loop!

G

·
Looks like the intake tube was made specifically for the stock plenum and strut bar. I suppose someone like me with the Crawford plenum and bar would not be able to get this kit. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Ill keep you posted on the Crawford Plenum fitting with the piping I took a friends G35 up there too when I went and he has the Crawford Plenum. Ill keep you posted if it fits.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Cool. Info like that will help a lot of people who want to be different or just don't want to keep changing out parts just so everything fits or works together. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The HKS SC puts out a higher average torque and hp throughout the RPM band even at significantly lower peak HP numbers.

HKS at 7psi:
Peak HP: 329
Peak TQ: 326
AVG HP (3-6.5k RPM): 264
AVG TQ (3-6.5k RPM): 297

Vortech at 9psi:
Peak HP: 408
Peak TQ: 331
AVG HP (3-6.5k RPM): 268
AVG TQ (3-6.5k RPM): 286

For those that suck at math, this is a 79whp difference in peak power. Yet, only a 4hp difference in average power across the power band. The average power is what matters more than peak power (unless you have a small penis)

And still at 5ft-lbs peak torque, the Vortech still lags the HKS by 11ft-lbs across the RPM range.

PLEASE PEOPLE. STOP SAYING THE HKS ROTREX SUCKS OR IS INFERIOR TO VORTECH. At a 70+hp disadvantage, the HKS will be a faster car.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts