Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the Nismo as well and I really do love it. The sound is nice, the power increase somewhat noticable in the mids'...all in all a nice purchase IMHO.

Peace,

Dean

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Titanium exhausts are extremely loud and are terribly raspy. I'd go with the Nismo, or even a true dual exhaust like the Borla.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nothing wrong with loud if you plan on taking her to the track. Plus, those titanium systems are super light, which frees up more HP. :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
First of all, I disagree that a Ti. exhaust sounds like a 4 banger. I invite any of you to have a listen, in person. And honestly tell me that what i've got resembles 4 cylinders.

Secondly, the HKS Carbon Ti., is not a true Ti. exhaust. So I doubt it will sound like a true Ti. version.

And just to throw this into the mix.. The ARC ti. that I have on the car was not raspy sounding at all. In fact, I hadn't obtained a hint of raspiness until I installed the RT cats and Strup headers.

Go and listen to the exhausts in question. Pick the one you like the most.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First of all, I disagree that a Ti. exhaust sounds like a 4 banger. I invite any of you to have a listen, in person. And honestly tell me that what i've got resembles 4 cylinders.

Secondly, the HKS Carbon Ti., is not a true Ti. exhaust. So I doubt it will sound like a true Ti. version.

And just to throw this into the mix.. The ARC ti. that I have on the car was not raspy sounding at all. In fact, I hadn't obtained a hint of raspiness until I installed the RT cats and Strup headers.

Go and listen to the exhausts in question. Pick the one you like the most.
I've Heard the HKS system on a Z that had race pipes and it was loud. It doesn't sound raspy like a four banger but it doesn't sound smooth like the Nismo Unit and is a totally different sound. I think the test pipe may have made it louder and a little more raspy. It doesn't sound all that bad if your in to that full on drag racing sound, but as a daily driver...i'll pass. I got the Nismo Catback System and love it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
NISMO all the way, and remember, Nismo S tune parts do not void and warrenty on your engine....

I have the NISMO and loved it until Turbo. Now it sounds really bad.
The HKS is very PIMP looking and sounds pretty good imo. More aggressive looking and sounding than the NISMO imo. But like IllZ said, its only Ti tips.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
yeah i would go with the nismo or the Borla. they are just perfect for the car. i have a friend that has the HKS on his car, and that bitch is LOUD!!! it screams even when he is not driving hard. but i guess it all depends what u are looking for. HKS have a great reputation when it comes to the line of products they have. if you want light weight go with the HKS....if you are more concerened with the sound go with the Nismo.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
it may be lighter than the Nismo, but it's not going to be the savings you get with full Ti. That is all I am stating. Yes, it is lighter than the nismo.

Do you understand what I'm talking about now? :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts