Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I woke up this morning and found bits of a hardboiled eggshell on my car and numerous eggs in the parking lot. When I got to work I was getting the rest of the eggshell off when I noticed a nice round mark where either an egg hit, or someone smashed an egg. It's a nice ring of concentric circles the size of an egg on the driver's side of my spoiler. I can't stand my f'n neighbors, can't wait to move. I might post pics later.

I guess I'm gonna wait until we move before I get the new spoiler put on...

The shadow somewhat downplays the severity of the mark. It's definitely noticeable though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I bet you are pissed. Did the eggs mess up your paint at all? Hopefully not. Stupid kids.

·
Premium Member
3,584 Posts
Just for info:Eggs on car paint, need to be washed off immediately,eggs will ruin a paint job.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just for info:Eggs on car paint, need to be washed off immediately,eggs will ruin a paint job.
It was hardboiled...so I don't think anything really got on the paint, plus it rained all night.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
+1 on that. Had some egg on my hood .. didn't notice because it had rained and to mee looked like water. I didn't notice until the next day and by that time it was too late and had eaten into the clear coat.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
that'll buff out if you have access to a high speed buffer

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that'll buff out if you have access to a high speed buffer
I have a PC, but I don't think it'll buff out. It's actually cracked the paint. The picture doesn't do a good job of showing that b/c I cast a bad shadow. I might see if I can make it look a little better though...

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have a PC, but I don't think it'll buff out. It's actually cracked the paint. The picture doesn't do a good job of showing that b/c I cast a bad shadow. I might see if I can make it look a little better though...
You would proably have to sand it too, but my boss got key marks out of his paint....egg wouldn't be so bad...

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Man. First a hunk of metal through your bumper and now this. You need to seriously consider some kinda Anti-Voodo protection .. somewhere .. someone has a small effigy of your Z and pins are stuck all over it !!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
You would proably have to sand it too, but my boss got key marks out of his paint....egg wouldn't be so bad...
This happened to my truck not too long ago and it did NOT buff out. The cracks went all the way to the primer coat. Which from the pics looks like the same happened to him. When you get egged the egg residue is bad, but the damage the shell does to the paint is worse.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I just took this pic. It sucks cause it on my driver's door. **** KIDZ!!!! But I will have my revenge this coming Halloween. I am hiding in the garage and leaving my car out for bait . Then I am going sit there and wait with a paintball gun. OH YEAH!! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just took this pic. It sucks cause it on my driver's door. **** KIDZ!!!! But I will have my revenge this coming Halloween. I am hiding in the garage and leaving my car out for bait . Then I am going sit there and wait with a paintball gun. OH YEAH!! lol
Is that from a hardboiled egg? I'm pretty sure mine was.

·
5,437 Posts
[attachment=20612:Fuckinegg1.JPG] [attachment=20613:fuckinegg2.JPG] [attachment=20614:fuckinegg3.JPG] Well.. hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had the same thing happen to me. And my paint is proper ******. My hood needs a repaint now, I'm pretty sure that stuff will never buff out.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts