Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on my way home from work last night and my worst fears come true. The guy in front of me is being a pain in the ass already... stopping in the middle of the road to cat-call some girl on the sidewalk. We're right in the middle of VCU's campus so I didn't think much of it.

We approach a green light, at which point the car starts to turn right. I'm going straight, but just as I pull into the intersection, the car that WAS turning right instead decides to make an illegal u-turn in the middle of the intersection. Our front ends collide (my passenger side, his driver side) sending me towards the curb on the left, and pointing him in the direction I was trying to go.

Well that's all he needed I guess, and he floors it, tires squealing the whole way. Luckily, two vigilante justice college students peel out after him and get his plate number. The jackass that hits me and his passenger realize they're getting tailed, so they stop the car in the middle of the street, get out, and run. The people who were tailing them lost them at that point, so they came back to make sure I was ok. When they went to see if the car was still there, it wasn't, but luckily police found it a few minutes later sans-license plates. The driver was AWOL.

Waiting to hear what my insurance company has to say about it. I'll post pics later.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Wow...amazing how people can be so careless and irresponsible when behind the wheel. Very sorry to hear about your accident...hope everything turns out o-k.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Glad you're alright Chuck but sorry to here about the accident. I can't believe how some people think they can get away from things like that.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Wow man, that's terrible. Some people don't deserve to be behind the wheel of a car. :headshake: I'm glad you're okay and that the other two guys followed them for you. It will be interesting what your insurance says about the whole thing, but if police catch them, then their insurance might be facing a lawsuit from your part.

I'm guessing you were in the Z?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
**** dude that sucks.. a guy hit me 2 weeks ago and ended up telling his insurance company that i hit him :(

sad how ruthless people are.. i mean you have insurance for a reason..

·
Registered
305 Posts
what does AWOL mean\

sucks that that happend..............

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
AWOL=Absent Without Leave

Wow Chuck that sucks big time! Someone hit and ran on me years ago in the fan at the corner of Boulevard and Cary....dude jumped out and ran, totalled my car....since it was a hit and run and the police reported it as such, the insurance covered it 100%. I hope they do the same for you....automatically if someone flees the scene, it turns into their fault whether or not it actually was their fault, at least that was the law when I was hit. :cry: Sorry about the Z man, I hope you get her fixed up asap (get those dings taken care of on their bill too! :dunno: )

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Holy ****! Your story made me think I was watching Cops! That is not cool at all. Good thing someone was kind enough to 'help' you out. I hope the police report convinces your insurance to cover everything. Good luck, bro.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words, and yeah isn't the story a bit ridiculous? I'm convinced the car was stolen... I don't know why else they would just jump out and run. It does sound straight out of cops... I couldn't make this **** up.

Anyway I talked to my insurance company today. If they can't find the guy they'll treat it like a hit and run and i have $200 dollar deductible. If they find the guy and he has insurance then it'll be free, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Anyway, on the plus side (always an optimist), I'm thinking of getting a NISMO replica front rather than the stock replacement. Who's done it, and what are the best brands? I'm not sure I want to do it with the Eibach's though... I already bottom out a good amount.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
F*ck those guys... I told them about it and they basically told me I should watch where I'm driving, it's their parking lot.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok everyone, I talked to the insurance company today and they made a list of things they KNOW need to be replaced. I'm trying to find a decent replica Nismo front bumper. Who's got em, and what kind of prep work did you have to go through to get it on? I'm not trying to spend too much more if at all possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts