Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after work today I decide to whipe off the front bumper before heading for a cruise to dinner. Throw the car in neutral, e-brake on, and whipe it down with quick detailer...

Next think you know I'm cruising along, stop for a gatorade and some milk, jump back in the car and go cruise State College, PA for about 10-15 minutes.

Grab a sixer and figure its time to head back to my hotel until later this evening. On the way back a Celica GT-S with rims rolls up beside me and gives me a little rev, but we're in traffic. We eventually get lucky enough to catch a redlight together. Both take off from the red, I chirp 1st, 2nd, 3rd and jump out by about 5-6 car lengths... :shiftdrive: :wavey: We catch another red.

While stopped I smell a crazy ass smell like burnt brakes. I didn't think I braked that hard. Look down... OH YEAH I FORGOT THE FOCKING EBRAKE WAS ON!! :banghead:

I drove around for 15 minutes with the ebrake on and now I'm really hoping I didn't do any damage (can you say warped rotor; i've checked and they appear fine btw)... Anyway, my worries are swept away when I realize that I smoked this GT-S with my EBRAKE ON! Hahahaha. :irock: :goodtimes: :clap: :nana: :rolf2:

Anyway...
Best part is, I yell over to the GT-S.
"You smell that man?"
He replies, "Yeah man, you may have won, but your car smells like $hit."
I can barely control myself at this point as I reply. "You know why a$$hole... my e-brake was on when I just smoked your a$$ by 6 car lengths. Imagine if it was off."

Guys eyes go huge as he looks away. Won't give me the time of day when the light goes green so I pull away slowly and head to my hotel.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a side note, I raced a GT-S once without the E-brake on from a stop - 100mph and I was ahead by at least 12-16 car lengths. Get's hard to tell how many when you are so far ahead! :)

I thought my car felt slow, but man it was still hilarious....

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 29 2005, 12:11 PM
toyota needs a sportscar bad..
[snapback]123819[/snapback]​

:werd:

The Celica has been discontinued too. Run out of the lineup by their very own Scion tC. :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by TOYKILLA@Jun 29 2005, 12:11 PM
toyota needs a sportscar bad..
[snapback]123819[/snapback]​

Yeah, we definitely need the Supra... but it's not even going to help if its not affordable (say under $50k). And I doubt the new Supra is going to be cheap...

It might not even be a toyota, correct? Badged Lexus?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyway...
Best part is, I yell over to the GT-S.
"You smell that man?"
He replies, "Yeah man, you may have won, but your car smells like $hit."
I can barely control myself at this point as I reply. "You know why a$$hole... my e-brake was on when I just smoked your a$$ by 6 car lengths. Imagine if it was off."

:irock: :rolf2:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by lilsilkk1112@Jun 29 2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah, we definitely need the Supra... but it's not even going to help if its not affordable (say under $50k). And I doubt the new Supra is going to be cheap...

It might not even be a toyota, correct? Badged Lexus?
[snapback]123831[/snapback]​

Last I hear (SCC), the Supra will be a supercar. $100k+

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Supra being a supercar sucks...

Oh well, their loss... losing out on the sportscar market by not having anything remotely close to it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Great story...I don't think you have to worry about the ebrake damaging the rotor (correct me if I am wrong) but the e-brake just engages a drum brake inside the axle hub. That is what I thought I remember hearing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That would explain why I get a weird clicking from my rear axle a little more often since the incident? I know for sure the brake isn't working as well as it was... Hah.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts