Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if one bought a base model w/ the halogen headlights. would you have to swap in the ballasts and everything for the hid's or could you just buy the bulbs. my apologies for my ignorance. thanks in advance
-josh

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
no u cannot fit just the globes

Xenon globes require something in the order of 20000volts to ignite the gas inside the globe. For this u need ballasts and ignitors.

The easiest way to go Xenon is to buy a kit. There are quite a few on the market these days. You'll want a H7 kit

Ive fitted xenon kits to quite a few cars, and have always used xenondepot.com kits. There are quite alot of poorly made kits out there, so ignore anything sold on ebay. The xenondepot kits are very good quality, i have not had a problem with them up until recently. I fitted a kit on my Z and realised one globe was 4300K and the other was 6500K. I emailed them and they arranged DHL pickup of the wrong globe the next day

Another thing to note, dont believe the marketing hype that a kit is either Philips or Hella. No leading globe manufacturer makes these kits. They are all aftermarket jobs. They take a regular xenon globe and afix a halogen headlight base. The components themselves before modification may be from a big company though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Originally posted by blackened@Jun 19 2005, 07:22 AM
thanks, i appreciate it
[snapback]117351[/snapback]​

I have a base also. O ordered a 8000K HID Kit on ebay. I installed it my self. I am veryy happy with it. Good luck....db

1 - 4 of 4 Posts