Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base model and I have been wanting to upgrade to HIDs for a while now, so I saved some money and bought the Phillips 4300K HID conversion kit from XenonDepot about 3 weeks ago. It has still not arrived at my house and I have e-mailed them countless times about the issue. All they do is make excuses ranging from "we are out of stock and will send it to you over night when we get new kits in" or they just tell me that it will be there the next day. It was supposed to be here the next day for about 14 days in a row now. Another great thing is that my car has been up on jacks with the wheels and inner fenders off for about a week now. I installed new LED parking lights and figured that I would keep the car disassembled so it would save time when I got my package to install the HIDs. I DO NOT recommend this company for anyone looking to buy HIDs. Bad idea i guess. These lights aren't cheap and I hope I get my $400 back from XenonDepot. Oh yeah, they even gave me a fake DHL tracking number. Do they want to lose all of their business?

Where do I go now for a reliable company!?!? Ugh, this was a terrible experience, and I hope that whoever reads this learns not to deal with them. They were even recommended to me. Maybe they used to be good. Who knows.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know about them. they did not specify what kind of HID kits they carried, and the price seemed a little cheap (like too good to be true). Thanks though.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
ive bought all my kits from xenondepot

they have two ranges, xenondepot and xtreme. I originally bought their xtreme kit, which like most hid companies, are just no-name bulbs and ballasts, thinking ill save some cash. Had huge problems because the globe colors wouldnt match. Though xenondepot did send me out 3 replacement globes

in the end i bought the xenondepot kit which uses genuine philips globes (albeit rebased) and the new slimline philips ballasts, and i couldnt be happier. The quality of this kit over the xtreme is chalk and cheese. No yellow spots on the globes, perfectly even output on the road

bad luck to hear about the customer service

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i went with the phillips 4300K from the beginning. I didn't want to risk anything with the cheaper brand (or no-name...lol). But either way, I am still waiting. I am pretty sure I am going to cancel the order tomorrow. (Still REALLY hope they come though)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dont waste you're time doing aftermarket.
I just bought a factory OEM kit cheap!
I'm going to PM you to keep from getting flamed!
GET A REFUND!!!!!!
YOU ARE SPENDING 50-60 TOOO MUCH FOR THE KIT!

READ MY PM I KNOW U WILL BE INTERESTED!!!
GET OEM BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS!!!

OEM IS PHILLIPS ALSO

pm sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts