Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this message in a few forums. Any response would be appreciated. Now my 2004 ZTR is in the shop for ,(what I am recording as Strike Two), 3 strikes and the Lemon Law takes effect, right? My car has a total power failure when I step on it or the tach goes above 5000. The Dealer replaced the whole computer the first time. The very next day, boom, same thing again. Now they have been working on it just one day so far, but that's been a solid day ,8AM 'til 6PM(non stop). Service writer at last phone conversation said the machanic was on the phone with Nissan. Everyone is scratching their heads? I've read many similar problems but they all seem to revolve around the K&N filter. Mine is stock, so no such luck as a simple sensor replacement. My fingers are crossed that tomarrow they'll find a solution. I sure don't want to use the lemon law rule on my baby. I've put blood sweat, and tears into the upkeep and maintenance. Don't want to start all over. Anyone else out there with similar problems? Would love to knock heads, "FLZ", Dave [email protected]

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Man, that really sucks. That sounds like the problems people have had with the JWTs. What, if anything, have they (the mechanics) done to the intake system?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@May 25 2004, 09:14 AM
Man, that really sucks.  That sounds like the problems people have had with the JWTs.  What, if anything, have they (the mechanics) done to the intake system?

I had my car stall 2 times so far. Both times were at the 1/4 mile track when I was slowing down after a run. Just died during decelaration.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tHANKS FOR ALL SUPPORT. HERE'S A DETAILED REPORT OF THE PROBLEM. ALLN BETTER NOW:)

Cause:
Ra16AA REPAIR WIRING HARNESS

4620 ROAD TESTED VEHICLE TO VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN DTC P0605 ECM
DETECTED W/CONSULT ENGINE GOES INTO FAILSAFE MODE UNDER MODERATE TO
HAEVY ACCEL. APPROX. 3RD GEAR 4K TO 5K RPMS MIL LAMP COMES ON ALONG
WITH TCS & SLIP INDICATOR LAMPS. ECM WAS REPLACED ON LAST VISIT ACCORDING TO TSB ON P0605 CODE. ECM DID NOT CORRECT CONDITION. TECH
CONTACTED NISSAN TECH SUPPORT REF# 646246 DEVIN 3650. TECH INFORMED TO
LOAD TEST ALL GROUND CIRCUITS FOR ECM. CHECK POWER CIRCUITS AND TCM
CONNECTION. ALL POWER AND GROUND CIRCUITS TESTED GOOD. PROBLEM STILL
PRESENT ON ROAD TEST. TECH PROCEDED TO CHECK CAN SYSTEM COMM. LINES.
CHECKED SMJ E108 & F102 SEPERATED TERMINALS CHECKED PINS. ROAD TESTED
VEHICLE PROBLEM NOT REPEATED. NO MIL’S DETECTED. ROAD TESTED VEHICLE
(IN)4,620mi (OUT) 4,643mi WARR

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cool. Reading that it sounds like they didn't do anything but check it. Did they say they swapped a harness part?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone, again. Well, I spoke,(or should I say,posted), a bit too soon. Z s goin' back in tomarrow. Thurs,June 3rd for What will be strike three if problem returns again. Unfortunately, the only thing I can do now is research the Florida Lemon Law Act. Thank god for the computer and information-age we now live in. Just bought two new ink cartridges for the old printer. Time to put on the amatuer Lawyer Cap. Wish me luck. p.s. I still love my Z, but losing a bit of confidence. Afraid to turn in front of traffic at this point.(not a good feeling;-( ). also, to 350ed, they supposedly replaced the whole harness. sorry for late respponse. Bye for now, "FLZ", Dave B

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
See if you can't turn it in for a new Z. They should offer to buy it back if they can't fix it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the suggestions. Basically the Florida Lemon Law states, in a nut shell, 3 goes for the same defect. And, big AND, then you write manufacturer giving them one more shot at repair where they want, andheres the THEN again. the legaleeze wording starts.&@#$%^^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want mine fixed. REAL BAD. Lots of Blood, Sweat, and now tears keeping her good as new. I will definitely keep my friends here posted. p.s. I've owned many cars, some less expensive, some more expensive. But would'nt you know that the one car I truly baby like a little kid would be this one. Someone trying to tell me something???????????? Keeping the Faith, "FLZ" Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi DAKING, Told them that originally. If they didn't check it before, they, or Nissan not gonna be happy how much $ and time they've spen't already.... I'll keep ya posted! Dave

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Its the MAF....Happened on my buddies car the same exact way...Were you running really rich and unable to rev past 2500 after it happened??If so its the MAF...Another thing it could be is the Crank Position Sensor but that would cause a stall while decellerating..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI Y'all, Sorry about no contact with forum. Been a bit frustrated here. Here's the latest. The last round at the dealer was a replaced Throttle Body. Failed the next day. This was a couple of weeks back. A "Nissan" tech from CA was supposed to fly in last week. That didn't happen.(Didn't expect it to. So..... Florida Lemon Law is my last and unfortunately, only option left. It is not as sweeta deal as one would think. www.myflorida.com has a link to the complete Lemon Law Guide and forms. I just sent registered letter to Nissan North America to inform of failures on car. They have 10 days from receipt of my notification to send me to a place of their choice,(with reasonable distance), to have on more go at the problem. If this fails then I go to arbitration between me, the Sate, and Nissan. And, even if I win, I am still responsible for a percentage of use I have already had with car. I am not in the best of moods lately. Should be obvious. This foruma and others have been very supportive of me and I would like to thank everyone. I'm still hanging in there believe it or not. I still LOVE my car. Must be sick or something, right? I'll be in touch soon Bye for now, FLZ Dave. ps. Hi Terri!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Good luck, man. I hope it's just a gremlin in your Z that the techs can't find. What will happen if you win arbitration? Do they take your car back and refund you some money?

I am so lucky that everyday my Z is doing great and treating me alright. I must be doing something right. It purrs like a kitten and handles like a tiger. I love the Z!

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hey i wish you the best of luck!! keep us posted and if you need anything be sure to let us know
lata
jay

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
FLZ, that totally sucks, it sounds like you are having the same problem that I am. When I am driving in 3rd gear or higher and I am pressing the gas pedal 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way in, the car starts to buck and the acceleration just stops abruptly and the car VERY VERY SLOWLY keeps on accelerating. Just like as if it is in failsafe mode. If you have the same problems as I described, let me know. I have been tackling the problem myself so far and I have only three guesses. The MAF, the throttle body or the electronic signal. Something is bad. When I get another Z to start swapping parts to see if I can narrow it down to the exact problem then I will know for sure. The dealer is my last resort, no offense, but I don't trust them and I won't pay for any work that I can do myself, and I am still under warranty (when the stock parts are on the car) I only have 15,000 miles on it. Oh yea, one more thing, sometimes I don't get the problem if I completely floor the gas pedal..., which is how I like to drive for the most part so right now it doesn't bother me that much. Please keep us posted with the reports that you get from Nissan, I am wondering if I will be traveling down the same road you are.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Zxrage, Wasn't the Mass Airflow Sens. Throttle body was the last thing they replaced. Not that. What seems to be happening is the ECU is kicking out incorrect error codes. My car is possessed. Well at least I'm learning a little more about my car thanI ever wanted o. I will be back....... ps. Hi again Terri :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts