Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone...just picked up a silver 2004 350z touring 6MT with 17000 Miles.Feels like christmas i can tell you that.I have a couple of questions for you guys.
-Do any of you do the service on the car on your own?
-Also everytime i depress the cluth pedal i can hear some noise.is this normal?
-Do all the 04's have transmission problems;i had an acura TL
sold it 6 months ago due to major transmission problems with no work around.hope the same thing doesnt happen

Well looking foward to reading and posting in this forum.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:party: :welcome:

A lot of us do our own work on the car. I refuse to pay $95/hr unless absolutely necessary.

Yes, that noise is normal. It freaked me out the first time, too. Of course, it depends on what kind of noise you're talking about.

The tranny problems are not exclusive to 04s. Some 03's had it, but it's getting better.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
:welcome: :newbie:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
:welcome: and i also have the clutch squeak so dont worry your not alone

i also do all my own work as well with the help of friends

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hey, now! Welcome. :welcome:

You're now in the best forum for Z's. :cheers:

Folks here are helpful and respectful (or I send Tony the Shank to visit...).

I do all I can to my Z, which is fluids (oil, etc) and tire pressures. What else can most of us do anymore?

Can't help with the clutch noise. Mine's quiet.

You're gonna love your car, man. These things handle.

How about some pics?

Regatrds from the Tar Heel State. Home of Seymour Johnson AFB. Go F-15's!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Welcome to the forum!
Usually do just about everything on my own. Going to have Nissan (Hilo run, 4hr. round trip) do the first scheduled service sometime this month. Will have them also change the trans and differential fluids to redline. Only place that sells Redline fluids is at the Toyota Dealership. Think I'll go there with LadyZ. Always gets the salesmen out of the showroom, wife things it's "mean" to go there with LadyZ.
:nana: :rolf2:

BTW, will be using Mobil 1 Tri-Synthetic 0W-30 engine oil this time. $16.49/qt for Redline!
Local NAPA may be carrying Redline soon, so price should be less there, I hope.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :goodtimes: Definalty a relief about the clutch thing.Glad im not the only one who thinks the srvice prices are ridiculous at times.Thanks for all the info and repiles :yourock: .Pictures will be up tomorrow or as soon as i give it a good wash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
welcome welcome sorry to hear about the TL seems like a very nice car but now you even a better car! have fun!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Welcome to the website. I am sure you will find everything you need here. We help to provide the info for whatever you are looking to do to your car so you can do it yourself and save money and learn more about your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts