Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

ive been a mamber of another forum although was refered to this one, since all us assies are here should be a little
more relevant.

ive got an le mans 03 350z track! mods includ: fuji headers, magnaflow customised hfc, fuji y, fuji exhaust, injen CAI converted into short ram. and 19" rims

things to come: custom air box, grounding kit, unorthodox pulley set, and uni chip tuned and fitted by APS oh and just ordered the Kinetix ssv manifold, yeasterday caint wait!!!

cheers. Aaron

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Good morning and Welcome to the Forum Aaron :)

I'm from Melbourne too :) Maybe next time we all can catch up and meet with some others Melbournians ;)

Your mods is pretty intense already :) if you don't mind asking how much does your Labour cost for Fuji headers set you? :) And where did you get it installed? :)

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Hi Aaron,

How are you doing? Welcome to the board.... This is Richard... spoke to you from the other forum! ENjoy your stay here!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah it would be awesome to catch up with other melb z lovers.

yun:

my install costs were nil from RE customs AKA: evolution R.

richie:

hi, sorry haven’t kept in contact ive decided not to go with any internals for quite some time, just some bolt ons and a computer for now.

cheers.

Iggy_Type_R:

not planning to track the car as yet but might once its all complete.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh you guys might be able to help,

what is the cure for a raspy exhaust, when i only had installed the fuji headers, y, and exhaust the car sounded mean nice and deep, now with the magnaflow HFCs its a bit raspy around 3.5-4rpm. im thinking it could be the thin piping used with the magnaflows, will a new set such as the Crawfords help.
or will the ssv change my exhaust and help with the rasp once its on.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
welcome Aaron, you'll enjoy yourself here

your comments on the rasp are the reason i havent bought a set of HFC's yet. Yun has the Crawfords, we'll have to organise a meet up and listen to it

im all for a meet the weekend after melb cup. Pretty sure Iggs was going to come to my place for the xenon install, we could meet up afterwards

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahhh ive got exams form now untill the 11th of november :( any time after that would be good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey ayman350z:

nice pic of your ssv, i just ordered mine. how do you like it, dose it change the note of your exhaust.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Aaron'

I think the raspy can be only from Hi-flow exhaust. Mine is slight raspy, but i don't know whether is from my Crawford or Ti exhaust. Because i installed both of them together.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
i wish I had a bit of raspy sound man... because my exhaust is soooo unlike the normal zed exhaust sounds that you guys have got... don't know why though..

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome aboard Aaron, good to have another Melbourne member, hope to see you soon at one of our gatherings.

Cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers guys. looking forward to meeting up with other z lovers!!

richie:

if your exhaust dose not sound like the typical z, what dose it sound like. its prob due to the cams and custom y pipe. have you got a sound clip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts