Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Answer: Abso-f**king-lutely, especially when you weren't trying to drift in the first place.

Lesson learned...don't shift into second and floor it midway through a level 3 turn. Luckily I saved it and there were no cops around to see me, but I about made a dooky in pants. i took first up to about 25 (i'm guessing) when I shifted and the rear end broke loose. I guess there was some dirt or something in the road, cuz i didn't think I would have any trouble keeping traction. i got about a good 45 degrees and ended up having to let off the throttle cuz i didn't think it was going to come back, but as soon as I let off, it tracked right back, and then I bolted...dirty draws in tow.

I wish I could get out somewhere and just play so I can figure out the limits of my Z, but there's no good road near me to run on. It really sucks.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I did that a couple weeks ago. Was kind of just playing around going through a turn and punched it too hard and the tail end just kinda came out too far. Im glad it was late at night when no one was around.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Lesson learned is to not do that any more?

Funny... I always thought getting sideways was the funnest thing to do in a car.

Your z has a lot of torque... shift smoother and roll on that throttle a little more gentle. Shifting mid turn is not easy... you MUST match the engine speed before letting out your clutch. If you want to find out where your limits are, take one of those road racing course schools. I've heard good things about them.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Oh its definately fun getting sideways. I play around and do it on purpose a lot. Just a little scary when its not intentional.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny... I always thought getting sideways was the funnest thing to do in a car.
Of course it is, but only when you're doing it on purpose.

I agree with Toykilla too.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Never done it, might not ever do it. Personally I'm sure it's a rush, but the thought of losing my baby is too much to handle. Plus I work and live in downtown Richmond, so there's cars parked on the side of about every road. I'd hate to hit someone elses car just so I could have some fun. Maybe if I can find a nice deserted neighborhood i'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my WRX sideways (on purpose) on wet roads once. I've yet to find anything as fun (ok, except sex) as spinnin' all four wheels around a corner. Talk about, "WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

A couple of months later I decided a large steel light pole need a hug by my engine compartment.

Then I needed a hug.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Yikes! that would make me cry too

Ya, when you get sideways unintentionally it can really make your a$$ pucker up. Now drifting in an all wheel drive car is something I've never experienced... I'll bet it feels completely different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts