Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

help with white crap on wheel

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  onii 
#1 ·
was cleaning my wheels since i have them off for winter storage, and on the back side of one of the wheels, there's this white stuff. it's a bunch of white specks, and some of it comes off if i scratch it with my fingernail. anyone know what it is? or how i can get it off?

here's pics

See less See more
#3 ·
Probably overspray from construction (cement dust) or paint from fresh lines on the road. I would try some metal polish you can find at an auto parts store.

#5 ·
Yeah I think Jaysen is right, Onii (hey pgh'er!) try first the claybar, if that doesn't work, there is something that Stoner's makes, you should be able to get it at pepboys, called Tarminator, try that, it's clear coat safe. The OEM wheels are cleared so I would advise against harsh materials....if you have time and want to stop by my office one day let me know and I can bring in some difft. stuff to try........good luck! :wavey:

#7 ·
STEEL WOOL??!?!?! u must be crazy lol.

it's only on one wheel, and it's my 5Zigens...so no steel woolin or anythin harsh.

where can i get the claybar? would that be the least ruff stuff i can try...i wanna try least and work my way up till that stuff's gone..

#11 ·
My wife has a jar of jewelry cleaner or gel. I think it's pink in color. I wonder how safe that will be on any part of the Z...:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.