Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed testpipe with built in resonetor...and after i put the pipe mah car starting to make choke white smoke....and i can smell oil buring....if it's oil it should b blue smoke as others saying....mayb it has lil blue tint on it...anyway here is the question...does anyone have same problem???? and alot of people says just drive it until it breaks in...here is the problem i had been driving for 2 weeks and ran more den 1k miles...it still there....i need help anyone!!!!! i really dont want to take mah car to the dealership...cuz i know wut they gonna say... about modified engine and will probably void mah warranty....rite now i am running stock exhaust with test pipe and also straight mid pipe....please plaese anyone...let me know..thanks...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem. I did notice before I installed the test pipes that there was a smell of oil and a film on them. Didn't think anything of it, but the things smoked when the exhaust got hot. I took them them about 3 weeks later. I didn't like the sound, or smell, and didn't want to wait for the oil to burn off. I also had metal slivers on my bumper the whole time I had the test pipes on. Could have also been the metal burning off as well. Anyhow, My pipes never stopped smoking and I had them on for about 3 weeks. Put some high flow cats on and have not had any problems since. Oh, by the way, these were ebay specials, I'll never do that again. :banghead:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Sep 20 2005, 02:46 AM
What brand did you install?  Are they from a reputable mfg or are they, as G35CAS experienced "EBAY specials" (aka ripoffs)....
[snapback]156622[/snapback]​

yeah i bought it from ebay....but i still didnt get any answers for da smoke....and i am qurious about smoke...is that true if u remove cat, car is running rich???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I FOUND THE PROBLEM...IT'S STUPID O2 SENSORS...I PUT MAH STOCK CONVERTER BACK IN AND I DONT C ANY SMOKE AND CAR IS ACTUALLY RUNS SMOOTH....THOSE WHO HAVING PROBLEM WITH SMOKE HERE IS OPTION...PUT UR STOCK CONVERTER BACK IN OR PUT O2 SIMULATOR...SIMPLE...

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Honestly never seen that before..did the stock cats have OIL residue on them?Maybe your burning oil but never noticed cause the stock cats were burning it off and the smoke got worse when you went to a full test pipe..

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by nada808@Sep 25 2005, 03:31 PM
I FOUND THE PROBLEM...IT'S STUPID O2 SENSORS...I PUT MAH STOCK CONVERTER BACK IN AND I DONT C ANY SMOKE AND CAR IS ACTUALLY RUNS SMOOTH....THOSE WHO HAVING PROBLEM WITH SMOKE HERE IS OPTION...PUT UR STOCK CONVERTER BACK IN OR PUT O2 SIMULATOR...SIMPLE...
[snapback]158009[/snapback]​

Actually, I have heard of people having to trick the 04's and newer with a simulator or whatever they call it. 03's don't have that problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts