Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the sun visor and I can't get the plastic cover off of where the arm of the sun visor enters the roof. Anyone know how to remove the cover?

I am installing a Wink mirror and I want to attach the brackets to the sun visor mounts and hide them under the pastic cover thingies.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks to FSU_Z33 on 350zforum.com for the info even if it wasn't detailed it did provide me with just enough info to figure out how to get the plastic covers off.

Once the covers were pried off, I discovered that the brackets are held up by 2 screws and the plastic mounts are indented into the roof just a bit. I fabricated 2 aluminum plates and removed enough material to allow the plastic mounts to be inset into the plate. It fits great. With the visors remounted you can't even see the brackets/plates. I now have a 5-panel wink installed and still have my sun visors and they are fully functional. Now I have to get used to seeing so much without even trying. I now have NO BLIND SPOTS. I can even see cars 2 lanes to each side. I have tested the viewing angles and when passing a car on my right (I am passing to the cars left) I can see the car out my passenger window as always but now when it normally would disappear or hit the blind spot I can now see it through the 5-panel mirror.

The brackets needed to be fabricated as the mirror is only 34 inches long while the sun visor brackets/mounts are closer to 36+ inches apart. 2 inches need to be made up unless you want to screw your 5-panel mirror brackets into your roof and headliner.

I'll have some pics in the next few days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts