Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI !!

Have just bought a brand new 350Z Touring which is as stock as a rock! Its in need of some malmorphidisation and i would love some suggestions. I want to drop it and put some 18's all over it! Have also considered the new APS turbo system but havent heard much about it as yet?

Can anyone recommend some good springs and wheels? Maybe some out there for sale??

Been looking through the forums to try and find a nice body kit for it also but havent seen too many so far.. would love some piccies of some kits out there..

Cheers

Narsty

·
Registered
74 Posts
The real question is how much $ do you have to play with... if you are on the big budget just talk to the guys at APS, they'll set u up.

PS: If you were planing on moding your Z, why didnt you go for a Track?? :doh:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Go to the APS day at Autotech on 12 Feb. As well as seeing the APS performance products first hand, you will see may other owners Z's there as well as you can compare bodykits etc.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Engine:

APS Single or Twin Turbo Kit
~$11-12K for the Single to ~$15K for the Twin

Wheels:

Light weight forged wheels,
19" look the best and will weight less than the stock wheels
You can run 8.5" or 9.5" in the front and 9.5" or 10.5" in the rear
Expect to pay around the $1000 per wheel without tyre
If you go with 8.5" and 9.5" I would recommend running 245 front and 275 rear tyres with a 35 aspect ratio, tyres will vary from $500-750 each.

Suspension:

There is a large choice out there so figure out what you want to do with your suspension first then find the parts which suit your requirements. Prices vary greatly.

Body Kit:

NISMO kit looks great but don't buy it from an Au dealership as they will charge you an arm and a leg. Performance Nissan in the US sell the US spec NISMO body kit which is much cheaper.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
[/quote]

I think the Touring model is better for modifiying because you are going to be changing most of the parts that make the track model special.

Like changing the wheels, changing the body kit, turning off VDC. The only extra worth getting is the Brembo brakes but its not worth spending the extra ~$10k just for the brakes. You can buy someones Brembos for a couple grand and get them installed.

With the extra ~$10k saved you can turn your car into a real track model and buy adjustable suspension, new wheels and tyres, performance mods or whatever you want.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
[/quote]
Because the Touring is a better base to start with if you're going to build it up.

People do brake upgrades on the Brembos and get good results, the stock 18's are quickly replaced, and the front lip spoiler and rear spoiler are ditched if you get an aftermarket bodykit anyway.

So all the bits that separate a Track model are going to get binned anyway.

However, trying to turn off the VDC in the Track has proved problematic and so if you're planning on driving your car at the limit then you're going to have to pull fuses or splice switches (like the guys in Japan), which means the only other point of differentiation is a negative.

I'm planning on hanging on to my Z for a while (unless I can afford an Elise in the near future) and so I'm planning on modifying it. For me, the Touring model saved me a lot of money that could be spent replacing with better items than what's on the Track.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a set of GTR R34 wheels that I am selling. I currently have them on my 350Z. I need some standard 18" though to replace them. But if your keen they are going for $3,200 withworn tyres.(paid $4000 for just the wheels)
They look awesome on the car too. Can send pics if you like.

Also have cat back exhaust, stainless. into two cannon Mufflers, looks and sounds awsome, made 160 kw at the wheels, up about 20 kw with just the exhaust.

Let me know

Anthony

0419 044 472

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a set of GTR R34 wheels that I am selling. I currently have them on my 350Z. I need some standard 18" though to replace them. But if your keen they are going for $3,200 withworn tyres.(paid $4000 for just the wheels)
They look awesome on the car too. Can send pics if you like.

Also have cat back exhaust, stainless. into two cannon Mufflers, looks and sounds awsome, made 160 kw at the wheels, up about 20 kw with just the exhaust.

Let me know

Anthony

Anthony,

Would love to see the wheels, can you post a pic? How much you looking at for the exhaust??

Thanks everyone else for your fantastic feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts