Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is willing to meet up so I can check brake pedal pressure it would be most appreciated.

What I want to check is the "feel" of the pedal while stationary and also the "feel" when the car is accelerated from standstill and then immediate slow pressure applied.

So if anyone is happy to meet for a quick check and also to check out my latest mod please let me know. I live near Chatswood/Sydney and happy to meet somewhere.

Please PM me with phone number or I can PM mine to you.

Thanks in advance
Michael

PS: Need a Z track with Brembos.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Well I was going to volenteer but then I read that you need a Track model.
Also, if you're still running the RE040's, you might want to get in touch with someone that is running the original rubber, as I noticed a reduction in brake feel just by swapping to a different brand of rubber.

Please give us all a review of your latest mods - should be very interesting reading.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well, I got the chance to compare the brakes and I think the difference is because of the pads, MR RIZK uses Endless (I've forgot which model) and I've DS2500. Both behave slightly differently, but I think his brakes work fine. I also have SS brake lines, so that might introduce bit of a difference.

I also have to say that the Amuse exhaust sounds awesome (sorry hi-tech guys ;) ), the tein flex suspension is great too, but I didn't get a chance to push the car around the corners, I also didn't hear any noises coming from the back like the US guys have been complaining about.

As for the new super mod ;) I think it totaly transforms the car. :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thanks again Nuff for the short notice meet up. Wish we had a bit more room.

The Tein does have some noises that come from the rear. Sounds a bit like when you have rose jointed upper pillow ball mounts but nowhere near as bad as the N1 Pro's I had in the WRX.

The "new" mod is.. Well it is not new but has been sitting at home for awhile and finally got around to fitting it. HKS Supercharger.

Well what can I say. I'm pretty chuffed at the performance and the completeness of the kit. Before you ask no I don't have any dyno's but can tell you that it feels like it shed 40% of the cars weight and is pretty quiet at idle. A/F is 11.5 from pre-tune at WOT.

Peter from APS came to the party and I nearly bought the TT but after a lot of deliberation I stuck with the SC.

All I can say is that in the long run the TT will give you more room for improvement but the SC fits the bill for me with still some room for future enhancement.

Hopefully I will pictures soon.

With regards to the brakes I still have my OEM's so will give that a try before attempting to resolve anything. KY you brought up a valid point as my rubber is pretty low. Will keep this is mind.

One other thing I found interesting is the clutch feel between my and nuff's. Nuff's is very light compared to mine and both have approx the same amount of km's. Mine is 03/03 compliance I think where the first delivery was 02/03.

So if anyone wants any in and outs about the kit please ask.

Michael

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats on the power upgrade, it's a great feeling knowing you have all that extra grunt under your right foot.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Rizk - just how loud is the SC? Being a centrifugal type, I would imagine that the sound is unobtrusive at revs up to about 2500. How loud is it at 3000rpms and above?

$40% lighter! That's impressive from a supposed 85hp gain.

Who did your install BTW?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay 40% is probably pushing it just a tad "cough" a lot.

Inside the car it is quiet but out side will need to get someone else’s opinion. I will try to get a vid of it.

I used the resources of BEL Performance so basically 50/50 with me and them.

There is no whine at idle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts