Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just under a month ago I bought an 06’ Nissan 350z it only has 97k miles on it and well when I first got it someone drove it home for me because I wasn’t able to be there and they filled the tank with regular unleaded gas, didn’t seem to give me any problems though, I started putting the right fuel in it right after but so I had the MAF sensor code and I went to autozone and the worker suggested I try to clean it before replacing so he pulls my maf sensor out and sprays it and tells me to turn the car on all of a sudden my slip my vdc and all my other warning lights were on and the car wouldn’t even rev right like if it had a hole in it anyways he told me to Turn it off and on twice and the problem went away. A couple days later I got that same feeling when accelerating past 3500 rpm in any gear it seems to just get louder I changed the maf sensor and bought a new air filter I also got a random misfire code and bought spark plugs I haven’t put them in yet thought, also my oil was changes just 2 weeks ago I think and so I hadn’t checked it and it was low so I’m not sure if this could also have been what’s effecting the acceleration of the car past 3500 rpm. Please help.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome- you should start by accessing the on-board diagnostic system (via the OBD2 port under the left side of the dashboard) and pulling codes. Your Z utilizes limp mode to protect critical systems or in the event of a safety failure. Do a search and you'll find plenty of content on these topics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So at first idk I guess just doing dumb research on google I had thought it was either a bad o2 sensor or bad catalytic converters but after doing some more research I realized I never got a code for that the only codes I really kept getting was random misfire and cylinder 2 misfire. So I changed all the spark plugs and the coil pack in #2 and just the other day I got cylinder 2 misfire so after googling some more I’m like 99% sure that’s it’s just a fuel injector now, what do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts