Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

my trunk is stuck, when I press the button for release I get a beeping sound, when I try to manually open the trunk the key does nothing. Is there another way off getting in.
thanks.in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
Welcome, but I don't own a ZR. My suggestion is to look for a Nissan tech in your area with ZR experience. Somehow the release cable to your trunk has become detached and you'll need an expert to get in there and repair it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Yes my trunk would not open on the button because the roof was in fault. I had to remove the rear bumper and drill a hole behind the latch, I then worked the latch manually and got the lid open.
I found the cable for the emergency key release had come loose so I retensioned it and now I have key entry until I get the roof fixed.

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
Hi. Yes my trunk would not open on the button because the roof was in fault. I had to remove the rear bumper and drill a hole behind the latch, I then worked the latch manually and got the lid open.
I found the cable for the emergency key release had come loose so I retensioned it and now I have key entry until I get the roof fixed.
Glad to hear you got this fixed, but how did you remove the rear bumper without opening the trunk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts