Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home last night and turned into my street and the car just shut off... and when I go to restart it, the car wont stay started.. it will idle at 1rpm and then die in a few sec's. what could it be? I have a 03 touring with 33k. I bought the biggest warranty that nissan offered at the time but I figure that they will tell me some bs so id like to see if any of my z bros has had this problem..

thanks
joshua

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the fast reply... I pay tomuch for the z im taking it to the steelership... do you guys know if I can go to any nissan dealership or do I have to go the one that i bought if from?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You should be able to take it to any dealer. If you like the dealer you got it from, then I would take it there.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
You can go to any dealership, and they should be able to help you with your problem.

It's happened to me once before too, and it's not an uncommon problem. Let your service manager know and they should get it fixed right up for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got a call today ... its the air flow meter the guy says... i asume its the sensor on the intake...? I have a pop charger in my z... they cant say its from that can they... the guy left a message so I didnt get to talk to him...
thanks

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Unless they can prove the Popcharger caused the airflow meter to fail. Only way it possibly could have caused a failure would be if there was a hole in the filter that suck up something that physically hit the sensor, really over oiled the filter and the oil contaminated the sensor, or the filter itself had a piece come off and it hit the sensor, or is causing too much air in, Z will shut down if filter comes loose.

Since the Popcharger and many after-market intakes are emissions compliant, Nissan would have a hard time saying that just because you have an after-market intake, the warranty is void.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts