Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the LED's I bought for the floorboard. I cannot figure out which wires to tap into on the BCS to make the lights respond just like the dome light. I have tested every terminal that the service manual says gives power but no luck. The voltage never drops on the multimeter when I close the doors and hit the key FOB.

I know about the other option to tap to constant power from the fuzebox and ground the lights at the terminals for the door switches so when the door opens they come on and when the doors shut they go off, but that is my last resort. TPIACE had his audio installer hook up his interior floorboard lighting and he says they go on and off just like the dome light . . . . they even dim out, so I know it is possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :cheers:

Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know of the exact answer to this, but could you pull the dome light cover off and check to see what color(s) the wires there are? That's what I'd try. Then again... I'm still a noob on this car.

Eric

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been defeated! :banghead:

I have pin checked every wire coming out of the BCS, nothing. I'm still set on the lights working like the dome light or I'd just wire constant power and tap the grounds into the door switches.

I'm going to try and find a pro to install this week. Hopefully he's cool and will let me watch/help so I can write a DIY after it is done.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
i would have thought this would be as easy as just taping into the open door switch or the map light itself?

re the dimming, r u referring to the LEDs in the footwells or the LED pieces i have on the door sills?

if we're talking footwell, yes they dim on/off with the map light, so come on when i open the door, turn the car off etc. If i turn both map lights on by pushing that button across they both come on (but dont dim on), and if i push each individual map light on, that side comes on only (again not dim on). They only dim when the map light does

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I meant the footwell LED's.

I found 1 wire out of all of the wires that are coming out of the BCS that actually "dims" the rest were a constant 12VDC. But the voltage would bounce around on this wire from 2-10VDC, and if I hooked up the lights the voltage would drop . . . it would hover around 2-3VDC, and the lights are very dim.

I'm just going to suck it up and take it to a pro, before I break something or fry something. No one would mistake me for an electrician. Hopefully my folly will help others once I write the DIY.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts