Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

have any Aussies adjusted their headlights

I opened the hood, found the bolt, a hexagon type nut, but cant work out what tool to use to turn it. I tried an 8mm spanner, fits great but theres not enough room to rotate the spanner. The nut will move say to the left and then spanner will fowl against the body, but it hasnt gone far enough to put the spanner on the right and try turning again to the left

Its doing my head in

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't adjust your HIDs too high or I'm going to slap you when you pass me by. I'm pist off with all the HID conversions in cars which never meant to have them in the first place. All they do is blind the oncoming traffic.

Couple of nights ago I was going around a curved road and there was a WRX with HID conversion coming towards me. I couldn't see where the **** I was going.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u live 800kms south of me bro, doubt that will happen :wavey:

i swapped the bulbs out and now one globe is sitting higher than the other, they need to be levelled out. Im using the OEM HID height as a guide :cheers:

anyone know how to adjust them?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i do, but they dont say how to adjust the headlights

ive got the service/workshop CD as well, im looking through it now

just the Aus spec headlights are different to the US. I tried the tutorials, but the screwdriver trick doesnt work. The teeth of the bolt arent as exposed as the US cars, instead we have a hexagon nut just behind that teethed bolt which u use

the problem im having is not how to adjust, its more what tool to use

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i asked the Nissan service guy today and even they couldnt work out how to do it.

.....and in the end suggested i bring the car in with the xenons fitted, remove the front bumper and the headlights and adjust them off the car. Then keep going back n forth refitting to get the right height

seems like a ball breaker of a job to do though and pay for

i would prefer to do this myself one night and go out onto the road (w/out the bumper on) to see whether the aiming is high/low enough. Its a bit cheap that Nissan didnt include an in-car height adjustment for the headlights, coz at least u can get the height right, then fine tune inside the car

there has to be a simpler way though, ill give it a week to nut out and ring a few other Nissan service departments, then attack it next weekend. I need to remove the front bumper to fit my Z-enterprise sidemarkes as well i spose

what a drainer :xZ!o:

actually ill take a photo and show u guys what im talking about. Im thinking Nissan either changed headlight manufacturers or this is a new design

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think ive just had a blonde moment

i finally found a tool, well actually soldered two together, to rotate the nut but after 2 revolutions the light wasnt going up and down.......but left and right

well i guess ive found how to adjust the vertical axis

and as for the horizontal, i put some new batteries in my flash light and found the screw right down at the base of the headlight :doh:

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont think i put the globes in properly as the beam pattern is all screwed

i didnt touch the vertical, that would be the hardest to get right, i put it straight back how it was

just played around with the horizontal and the passenger side wont go up much, it keeps clicking which im assuming means its at the end of the travel

i did have trouble getting the metal tab back on the globes

Ive got the halogens in there atm, xenondepot are sending me the correct Kelvin globes as we speak, so it wont affect other drivers that much :shiftdrive:

Yun the vertical is at the top of the headlight, its a bit hard to explain. Its a green hexagon style nut. Ill show u when we catch up. You cant use a normal spanner as it fouls against the headlight. So i cut the end off an old spanner and soldered a thin screwdriver onto the end. You could probably use pliers as well to grip the nut

When i fitted the xenons on the Alfa, my mate did the same mod on his car too, and to adjust the lights properly we went to a carpark at night and drove past each other, behind each other, etc to get them right

If ur worried ur headlights arent aimed properly, we'll do that. I should have the xenons in by next Thurs-Friday, if u can wait that long

1 - 11 of 11 Posts