Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a newbie here. Just bought a 2003 touring, and have had it three days. Now, the driver door will not open. I can hear the solenoid actuating, but the door will not open. tried the Key, the interior button, etc. The passenger door works fine.

Any ideas? And how do you get the door panel to get to the mechanism?

Hope someone can help!!!

Happy New Year.

-- brett

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
brett

Try a search. On June 22, 05 another Z owner had the same problem. Seems the problem was with the pass. lock not fully disengaging. Dealer had to order parts for repair.

To search: Go to the top of the page; forums; search; enter your problem or just the related hardware and be sure to check show posts. This should lead you to an answer.

Edited because I was being mean. Please accept my apology brett.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Zlichus.

I will try what you described. (The car is actually at the dealer now. They had to cut the inner door panel to get the door open!)

And I never saw the un-edited reply. So, no need for an apology. (I have been too busy to get back here and see the answer. )

I am a little worried about if this is an ongoing problem. (Don't want to keep having to cut the inner panel to get the door open! Ouch.)

Otherwise the car is real nice. (Low mileage, 14k miles.)

Thanks again.

-- brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.